Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo BT Phone P2v2 - Phone Module (PHM) Bluetooth update

Views : 86172

Replies : 411

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 4th, 2019, 00:02   #221
paddy74

@marekbm
Any news for the XC90? I have a MY 2005 and right now working with two different pieces (EgoLook as bluetooth telephone and Dension GW500 for music). It kind of starts getting frustrating...
Old Aug 4th, 2019, 17:11   #222
Bobbik1

One more question for Marek. My car has physically removed PHM, SIM card slot and handset. It also has dashboard harness replaced without PHM harness. I still have PHM module itself, and it wasn't reprogrammed from CEM. If I want to re-retrofit it again when you'll release P1 BT module, which part of harness will I have to connect? Just CAN, MOST and power?
Bobbik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2019, 23:47   #223
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy74 View Post
@marekbm
Any news for the XC90? I have a MY 2005 and right now working with two different pieces (EgoLook as bluetooth telephone and Dension GW500 for music). It kind of starts getting frustrating...
the hardware design is done, the software works (daily use).
for P1/P3 i need the same module as for P2 but with CVC (echo canceling). and this is the problem. it is not able to buy from vendor, only directly from the Silabs. and communication with them is quite slow (very slow). so now i am waiting for the quotation.
Old Aug 5th, 2019, 00:00   #224
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbik1 View Post
One more question for Marek. My car has physically removed PHM, SIM card slot and handset. It also has dashboard harness replaced without PHM harness. I still have PHM module itself, and it wasn't reprogrammed from CEM. If I want to re-retrofit it again when you'll release P1 BT module, which part of harness will I have to connect? Just CAN, MOST and power?
i have had a original bluetooth module in my s80 (p3). for the tests i have removed it and replaced by GSM PHM (with my BT update). working PHM require just the main green connector (2 wires for power and 2 for CAN) and optic cable.
after the update the SIM slot is not required. there is even not a connector where to connect it :-D . and headset is probably not required even if standard PHM is plugged. it is just an option.
i have also changed the car configuration (from BPM to PHM).

Last edited by marekbm; Aug 5th, 2019 at 00:09.
marekbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2019, 00:34   #225
Bobbik1

Thanks for answer. And here is another question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marekbm View Post
i also have a good news for those who are waiting for PHM upgrade for XC90/P1/P3 models. the first few boards for development will be available untill a month. if all ok then we can start with serial production. after that i am going to create a new thread focused to these models.

the module will be devided into 2 parts. the main will support only bluetooth HF and with the second (extension) board will be available to listen music (2 types at beginning: AUX or FM transmitter with RDS).

first pictures of the new module:
I am curious why two different ways of audio transmitting?
Bobbik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2019, 02:38   #226
paddy74

Quote:
Originally Posted by marekbm View Post
the hardware design is done, the software works (daily use).
for P1/P3 i need the same module as for P2 but with CVC (echo canceling). and this is the problem. it is not able to buy from vendor, only directly from the Silabs. and communication with them is quite slow (very slow). so now i am waiting for the quotation.
Thanks for the reply! Isn't the XC90 a P2? Or what is this numbering about?

Anyway, to whom are you talking to at Silabs (better which country)? The sales office for Germany is right next to Munich Airport, for me a one hour drive (which I normally have to do every other month).

I'm not to shy, I can pay them a visit and ask for a quotation or make a "personal" contact for you. Send me a PM, if I can be of any help here.

I'll stick around and wait
Old Aug 5th, 2019, 09:37   #227
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbik1 View Post
Thanks for answer. And here is another question:

I am curious why two different ways of audio transmitting?
on the p2 there are also 2 different ways. it is partly from a little bit different reason but it is.
it is hard to explain. when you replace GSM modem then you are able to use just mono audio signal with low quality (low bitrate) for call. and this signal has it's ID so it is possible to use only if you simulate the phone call.
so for the better quality you have to use a different way (like on p2).

it works the same with the new models, which support even A2DP. but nobody see it because it is in one box. but real situation is that it is stream audio and voice under the different ID.
Old Aug 5th, 2019, 10:05   #228
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy74 View Post
Thanks for the reply! Isn't the XC90 a P2? Or what is this numbering about?

Anyway, to whom are you talking to at Silabs (better which country)? The sales office for Germany is right next to Munich Airport, for me a one hour drive (which I normally have to do every other month).

I'm not to shy, I can pay them a visit and ask for a quotation or make a "personal" contact for you. Send me a PM, if I can be of any help here.

I'll stick around and wait
xc90 (the first generation) is a hybrid . it is mechanically p2. also the most of the electronic is p2. but audio system uses the MOST so it is from p1/p3.

regarding Silabs: i have created a ticket. i have also created a quote request. they only send me an email that somebody will contact me soon (the last on friday). i hope that it is due to holiday. but i guess that somebody from Munich it will be.
Old Aug 10th, 2019, 00:19   #229
johnbeee

Default Just bought and installed one...

Hey!

I just bought and installed the P2V2 in my 2005 S60. Everything sort of works, but there are three issues:
1. I now have an SRS-AIRBAG SERVICE URGENT message whenever I start the car.
2. The bluetooth adapter cable that plugs into the CD changer socket at the radio is very, very loose. It falls out of place if I try to put the radio unit back into its place.
3. When I listen to spotify via bluetooth module and press pause in my iPhone, it will pause for ~5 seconds and the continue playing. This is super annoying, I do not want this to happen. If I pause, then I want it to remain paused.

I would appreciate if you could help with these issues.

Thanks
johnbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2019, 10:23   #230
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbeee View Post
1. I now have an SRS-AIRBAG SERVICE URGENT message whenever I start the car.
Get someone local with VIDA to reset the airbag warning lamp
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluetooth handsfree radio