Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Can you fit electric seats into non electric car?

Views : 3682

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 30th, 2018, 17:10   #21
Ian mallett

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by scutyde View Post
Power seats are only partialy pre wired in 850 and S/V70 .
The wiring ends under the dash at the big mega connectors.

You need 2 wires which go from under the seat to the front connectors (one for permanent supply, the second for diagnose which is optional btw). The last cable goes behind the seat under the rear seats to a collective ground point located under the carpet.

You also need per seat a circuit breaker (the big silver fuse looking thing) which go in position 39 for the drivers seat and 40 for passenger: You need to take off the lid over the fuse compartment (4x Torx 25) to gain access to them.

The pins in the seat connector are called Standard Power Timer and you need the female ones. The ones in the mega conenctors are still sold by Volvo. The insulator for the connector under the seat is no longer sold by Volvo however every 850 and V70 has one in the trunk it is the one where the antenna booster is connected.
This is a long shot I know as it an old post but could you tell me where the cables for power seats connect behind the dash? I have electric donor seats and I got a few feet of loom and the breaker for each side but I'd like to connect them to their "proper" power supply through the fuse box rather than just a battery live.
Ian mallett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2018, 12:41   #22
scutyde
Retrofit master

Which modellyear is your car and the donor car?
You will also need the circuit breakers (fuses).

Cristian
scutyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2018, 15:19   #23
Ian mallett

Donor car was 97 or 98, mine is 98. I have put the breakers in the fusebox & found the 2 power cables going through the yellow mega connector, I have also found the live spare pin in the red mega connector to go to the sill harness. I haven't looked in passenger footwell yet.
Earth's are straightforward. What's thrown me tho is both looms from donor car have 4 wires. Live, earth, ign switch live & diag. I've tested both seats from battery & drivers one (with memory) works with just live & earth connected. So ign live is redundant?
Passenger side however (non memory) needed the ignition live powering too.
Am I correct in guessing the wiring is set up to accommodate all combinations of electric memory & non memory LHD & rhd?
This would explain the redundant ignition live on driver's seat & the redundant diag cable in passenger seat.

So really the only bit I havnt worked out yet is the connection in the red mega connector for the diag & ignition and then the passenger side ones.
I've ordered the terminal pins from Volvo to make it a 'proper job'

Bloody comfy these r seats 😀😀

2010 XC90 D5, R-Design SE 185 (I'm not allowed to abuse this one!)
Ian mallett is offline   Reply With Quote