Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo diagnostics -map of members that can help

Views : 359391

Replies : 414

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 9th, 2014, 20:22   #111
tamme tekkel

Thumbs up vida 2011A

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamme tekkel View Post
hello,
i hope here i can donate mijn question.
i have problems with mij dice. i had a crash with mij harddrive.
with the new one i can not install it.
he give me the next error:
[ERROR] [install.doinstall.check.installed.version.is.local db.attached] [FINISHED] [NOK]

can someone me explain what this is. i use W7 ultim vida 2012.
the test program off the dice is correct installed.
what i do wrong.

please help help help
yes i have the solution find by myself:

all this in W7 ultim.
the version 2012 do not work by me. i change it bij the dealer for 2011A.
from microsoft.com virtual machine download en install, then win xp mode download en install.(this 2 files are for free when registration of W7)).
install vida in virtual win xp mode.
then in vida config --> vcc intranet.
and there it is, the vida

yes yes yes it's working now.

What else nes.... no it's a VOLVO
tamme tekkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 21:25   #112
OldCroc

Some advice please - if I am in the wrong place please point me in the right direction.

I have a V40 (new) and have just had OEM rear parking sensors retro-fitted. I also have power door mirrors. I have read that an option is to set the mirrors so that they point downwards when selecting reverse but this will only be activated if you purchase the power seats!. Mine does not have this option so the question is - can this function be activated?

I previously had an Astra and it had loads of hidden menus which could be unlocked. The dealers would not oblige as these were generally menus associated with options.

OldCroc
OldCroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 13:36   #113
Fat Freddys Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter 62 View Post
Anyone near Brighton?

Classic V70. DICE?

If anyone can educate me as to what this is all about and where I may be able to get my own copy of this??
I have an OBD2 bluetooth reader and the software ''Torque'' just getting to grips with it at the moment and i am down the road from you in Worthing if you need a hand ?
Fat Freddys Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fat Freddys Cat For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 01:56   #114
machavelu

Quote:
Originally Posted by S60-MBS View Post
Free in Birmingham too.
Shall be grateful if you could help me out with the diagnostics. My lovely s60 04 model has been going into limp mode lately. I'm in Stechford area of Brom. Can't PM you since am relatively a new member.
machavelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 02:03   #115
machavelu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanani03 View Post
VIDA + Dice in Bromsgrove, my dealer is happy with the fact I have it
Oh Man! Do you still have the Vida dice? I shall be grateful if you could link me up. I live Stechford area of Birmingham.
machavelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 19:33   #116
V70dingo
New V70 owner

Hi I'm look for someone in paisley , Glasgow area to plug my 2001 V70 in to see if they can find out what's wrong with my alarm and why my keyfob ant working please
Cheers
V70dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 12:23   #117
ozwozere

Default Fault code reader & reset

Hi,
I'm in PR26 area, Leyland Lancs if anyone needs a hand.
Tim
ozwozere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 19:09   #118
Gangley

Default Step motor only stepping twice

HI, I have the swirl vane linkage broken issue at the engine end. S60 D5 2005 I made a great bumper stop as shown in the pics,
but the arm only steps twice on the fifth engine start and it is clearly not swinging the full range. Can anyone help please. I will buy the kit tomorrow and try it but I can't see it curing all the problems . I drive fairly steadily and noticed a 5%- 10% drop in instantaneous fuel consumption on the flat and motorway so it was no surprise when they found this on the last service.
Gangley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 09:48   #119
phillippilkington
Phill

at the risk of starting a row here lol, yes there are a lot of companies doing it, but it doesn't make it right. I remember when car manufacturers would check your car tip to toe for free in the hope that you would get the work done there. when a customer spends 40k on a motor and several hundred a year servicing it there, they should receive better customer care but anyway, these big company's don't care about people like us having there software, why would they? They want people that love there volvos , we do most of there marketing for them for free, but they know we can't afford the license fees and we wouldn't go to volvo just because we couldn't get our own units because the fee is stupid. They care even less about the out of date ones lol

sorry I didn't notice there were 12 pages, I was replying to a message on page 1, stupid boy lol
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 19:31   #120
helen666

can anyone offer any help near me i cant send a pm as iv only just joined lol