Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1998 Volvo S70 CD T5 240bhp Auto (S70R Rep)

Views : 2738

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 13th, 2016, 10:18   #1
Darth Vol
Exploring Europe

Default 1998 Volvo S70 CD T5 240bhp Auto (S70R Rep)

Hi all,

to continue from my AWD sale post, I've this car to offer up for sale.

I bought it in July 2014 from a fellow forum user based in Croydon.

It had been keyed down both sides of the car, with scuff damage to both bumpers.

Since then I have pumped €3800 (excluding purchase price) into getting her back to near concourse as possible level and ready for UK MOT requirements.

I've paid out on a completely new front suspension (all components) - T5 Spec.

Full service including (gearbox oil August 2014) and yearly oil change (storage) to keep car sweet.

I paid out big cash to get the car re-sprayed and valeted.

It has addition of an S70R front bumper with inserts, S70R rear badge as well as 3/4 boxes of extra parts I've set aside for the car.

Mileage is a genuine 70,112 (as of checking on it last night).

Beige leather/alcantara mix and as new condition.

It comes with its' original perfos which are in good condition and 4 brand new (bought Jan 2016) snow tyres that have done 858 miles throughout the year when I took the car on local 'keeping it working' spins.

Car is great to look at and has no issues. I've got it ready for MOT so will fly with no issues. Car is rust free and comes with extra front wings for anyone interested in taking all the spare parts away from my life for free.

This car is a real beauty to drive and will last many many years by a person who will respect it as I have.

I'm not trying to sell a lemon to anyone. I just cannot deal with cars anymore. I've reached that Impasse in my Life where it's hit me and I've lost that which was most important to me over the weekend due to my continual purchasing of cars and car parts and broken promises to save.

So there you have it - this car and another in a nut shell, both for sale.

I'm contactable on 00353 87 121 9232 (Ireland) or via viber same number for those of you interested.

Pending sale I also have a set of S70 Crystal headlights and egg crate grill that I bought of Rolling Thunder for £300.00 - these are available separately for those interested. I will sell for what I paid and contact Rolling Thunder for confirmation of sale price if needs be.

My asking price is £1500.00

I can bring as far as Holyhead for cost of ferry over and return and meet at the port. It will need to be trailered from there due to no mot/tax as I believe the UK regs are very stringent with APNR - something less strict in Ireland. Alternatively: Though based in Ireland, the nearest Airport to me is Knock International in County Mayo. I am a 30 min drive from there and more than happy to collect a buyer if they fly into buy. Nearest ports either Belfast, Larne (3.5 hrs. drive each) or Dublin (2.5hrs drive).

No car is worth that what I have allowed myself to lose over the weekend. I may not make up for it at this stage following from my never ending OCD on purchasing part/cars all the time but the time has come for me to call it a day on everything car related.

Link to photos and further information.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...=216552&page=2

Last edited by Darth Vol; Sep 13th, 2016 at 12:25.
Darth Vol is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Vol For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 14th, 2016, 20:54   #2
JayCee
I've Been Banned

Ah Vol... Sorry to hear but sure it's the right thing.

Interested in the lights...PM me price

Ta
Joe
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2016, 00:21   #3
t5shakur

Default still for sale

Just wondering...
t5shakur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2016, 08:19   #4
Darth Vol
Exploring Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5shakur View Post
Just wondering...
Hi Car is for sale. Is that what you are wondering about?
Old Sep 21st, 2016, 13:54   #5
Darth Vol
Exploring Europe

Default Provisionally SOLD

As stated - R747 EDX provisionally sold.
Old Sep 22nd, 2016, 13:42   #6
Darth Vol
Exploring Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vol View Post
As stated - R747 EDX provisionally sold.
Thought provisionally sold if anyone wants to make an offer for this car I'd consider it.

Offers need to be in by Friday night.

Many thanks!
Old Sep 25th, 2016, 10:49   #7
Darth Vol
Exploring Europe

Default Still available

Car still available.

No-show from prospective purchaser.

Car ready to roll and comes with spare panels and a few boxes of parts including unused brink tow bar.

I have the certificate of permanent export for the car as was going to transfer it to northern Ireland. However, not happening. Have all the necessary paperwork downloaded from the DVLA to allow the new owner to readily transfer the car to their own name upon submission of the permanent export certificate.

Urgently need to sell up as moving within next 3/4 weeks and will have neither the time or interest to deal with any cars going forward.

Comes with good tyres snow tyres (Hankook winter tyres with 5mm all round) and full service history as well as spare set of 18'' nebula alloys.

My asking price is €1250 (~£1090) cash sale.

The abs light is on as noticed that the drivers side abs sensor connector was disconnected. Cannot run Vol-FCR on my laptop at the moment - compatibility issue with windows 10 so cannot reset light.

I have replaced the rear abs sensors and as stated comes with a lot of new parts.

Car is SORN'D and will require transport via trailer to its destination, hence the low price for what is in effect a new car.

I believe it is €350 to transport car to uk via reputable car transport company.

Really have no time/need for this car so Send me PM if genuinely interested.

Cheers.
Old Sep 25th, 2016, 10:57   #8
Darth Vol
Exploring Europe

Default pictures of extra parts

Send me PM if genuinely interested
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture s70 1.jpg (31.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Capture s70 3.jpg (23.5 KB, 28 views)
Old Sep 25th, 2016, 12:56   #9
Darth Vol
Exploring Europe

Bump bump
Old Sep 29th, 2016, 11:17   #10
Darth Vol
Exploring Europe

Default Car still for sale

Okay I've be fcuked over by 3 buyers now - no shows, scam artists, been accused wrongly of having a 'mate' to bid higher then sending texts to say that they want the car but want to ensure they can fcuk me over to get it for less has been extremely stressful etc and at this stage I'm pretty sick looking at this car sitting in my garage.

As stated, the abs light has come one (I noticed that the drivers side abs sensor was not fully connected on the new front suspension) - I don't know if that is the issue.

I've tried disconnecting battery and it sometimes stays off then comes back on so TRACS and ABS warning lights appear.

I had planned to get the car to the local garage to have it checked out but to be honest, I have no interest in spending anymore on the car.

So, I'm dropping the price to €1150 or £995.00 for what is, despite this abs issue, a new car.

Load of free stuff with the car. Any interested parties, not those who agree to meet and then have me sitting around for an hour for no shows, please contact me.

Car is serviced. Yes, perhaps if I was interested in the car, I'd look at replacing more parts but it comes with 4 abs/pump modules and 1 abs electronic module with spare front abs sensors.

If anyone wants the crystal headlights and egg crate grill with the car, then I'd sell it all for €1300 (£1125.00).

So yes, car in Ireland, i am currently in contact with a number of transport companies to get an estimate as to how much it would be to have it shipped to uk is approximately.

Rgds
Darth Vol