Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 Delivery

Views : 6492

Replies : 61

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 12th, 2009, 20:50   #1
vwood24

Angry XC90 Delivery

I ordered a new XC90 on 20th September and have since been told it was due Mid to End October, First week in November and now end of November. Has anyone else had trouble with delivery? Getting tired of waiting for the car now.
vwood24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2009, 22:05   #2
gmac00

Yes!

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=80141
gmac00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2009, 08:38   #3
lordlichfield

Not really. Ordered beg September and delivered last week. But things may have changed with the upcoming VAT change prompting some people to get an order in sooner rather than later.
lordlichfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2009, 11:43   #4
jamk

I ordered on 29th September, still being quoted early January delivery!
jamk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2009, 13:42   #5
gmac00

I ordered at the same time as Jamk but i am getting quoted 22nd December now.

When i first ordered i was quoted the middle of March!!!
gmac00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2009, 09:00   #6
2youngforVolvo?

Woo hoo!!!

My XC90 D5 Active Geartronic is now in the UK and should be on it's way to the dealer.

Should be delivered to my door on 30th November. Probably could push for earlier but I have already taken that day off as my current car get's picked up on that day.

Order placed on or around 10th September so not too bad

Any recommedations on insurance? The best quote I have to date is around £320 which seems fine and not much above my BMW 3 series.
2youngforVolvo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2009, 09:27   #7
XCF
Master Member

Re insurance - what are people with new deliveries of XC90 Active doing for insurance value ? - I am confused as to what I need to cover value wise - is it list price or drivethedeal purchase price ? or somwehere in between ?

And what about gap insurance - I presume I need to get this ? - if so any advice
XCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2009, 10:08   #8
gillberry
VOC Member

You need list price for insurance .

1968 Amazon estate (Gracie).
2003 Vauxhall astra estate (her car)
2009 XC90 (Jo) .
Not forgetting 1967 Cheltenham Nyala (caravan)
gillberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2009, 11:17   #9
XCF
Master Member

I always thought insurance value of the car was about the replacement value -(what it would cost to replace ) which would mean list may or may not have anything to do with it - certainly not after 1 year of ownership , and possibly even not at day 1 based on DTD prices.

I can see that list would be the normal price used on a brand new car , but in this case the delta between list and price paid is so high (-30%) that it seemed worth asking, though of course it may make no difference at all as I am sure my insurance has one bracket for value of £5k - £30k.
XCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2009, 11:27   #10
cookie
Lord B on T5D5.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknick View Post
I always thought insurance value of the car was about the replacement value -(what it would cost to replace ) which would mean list may or may not have anything to do with it - certainly not after 1 year of ownership , and possibly even not at day 1 based on DTD prices.

I can see that list would be the normal price used on a brand new car , but in this case the delta between list and price paid is so high (-30%) that it seemed worth asking, though of course it may make no difference at all as I am sure my insurance has one bracket for value of £5k - £30k.
If your car gets trashed by an unisured driver, or stolen and torched, what would it cost to replace? are the offers that are available now, gonna be available in 8 months time???

If you read you policy it will state reinstament value not greater than £x

if you value your car at 20k then policy will not pay out more than 20k to replace vehicle (It may pay only 12k)

if you value you car at list (eg 30k) then they will pay out up to 30k or cost to replace at the current time which ever is the least

gap insurance is for Finance usually

your car is often worth less than the outstanding finance, gap insurance means that at any point you shouldn't end up without car, and money owing, It also often covers things like surendering license due to illness (e.g. loss of sight etc) where you return car to dealer, Gap insurance would often cover the difference between whats owed on finance and current value of car
cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cookie For This Useful Post: