Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 Delivery

Views : 6498

Replies : 61

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 18th, 2009, 19:02   #11
wadhurstdaisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2youngforVolvo? View Post

Any recommedations on insurance?
Personally I've found Direct Line good for me but then I might be their target market and you might not be .....

Also, remember that if your policy has some time to run then it will be subject to cancellation charges. A annual saving of £100 isn't worth the hassle if it is going to cost you £90 in cancellation charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
If your car gets trashed by an unisured driver, or stolen and torched, what would it cost to replace? are the offers that are available now, gonna be available in 8 months time???

If you read you policy it will state reinstament value not greater than £x

if you value your car at 20k then policy will not pay out more than 20k to replace vehicle (It may pay only 12k)

if you value you car at list (eg 30k) then they will pay out up to 30k or cost to replace at the current time which ever is the least

gap insurance is for Finance usually

your car is often worth less than the outstanding finance, gap insurance means that at any point you shouldn't end up without car, and money owing, It also often covers things like surendering license due to illness (e.g. loss of sight etc) where you return car to dealer, Gap insurance would often cover the difference between whats owed on finance and current value of car
If I could add my 'penny worth: -

You need to check your own policy as to what it will pay out and whether Gap insurance is necessary. Some policies will in the event of a total loss in the first year will replace the car as new whilst others will only pay the market value at the time.

Gap insurance isn't just 'usually' for finance, it is a top up insurance. I looked into it but decided it didn't meet my requirements / circumstances so didn't purchase any. If you are considering it make sure you get some quotes off the internet as well as they can prove to be competitive (though makes sure you're comparing apples with apples).

You must not under declare the value of your car. If you declare a value of 20k whilst the true value is 40k, insurers would have only received premium based on 20k. Insurance is a contract of utmost good faith. It is a requirement of the proposer to accurately describe the item / risk etc. It is not sufficient for you to declare value at 20k, then in the event of a total loss tell the insurer that they should have known that it must have been more as they are the 'experts'. If you have 'misled' (intentionally or innocently) the insurer on value then what else have you misled them on ... there is a moral hazard.
wadhurstdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2009, 11:57   #12
roblang
Colchester Main Volvo Dea

Actually GAP Insurance is broken down into 2 categories:

RTI (Return to invoice) = This will return you to the invoice price of the vehicle (Less road tax and in some cases without dealer fitted accessories) there is usally a maximum claim limit.

VRI (Vehicle Replacment Insurance) = This will replace the cost of buying a new vehicle in the case of what we sell here this includes any inflation increases & model changes. essentially what happens is the GAP insurer will call a dealer and get them to quote on a new vehicle to the spec of your old vehicle with the maximum discount available, the insurer will then write you a cheque for that amount. (Subject to maximum claim limits which are in our case £10k and £20K)

You will see that if you are getting a big discount then VRI would be of more benefit whether you are on finance or not.

Hope this helps.
roblang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2009, 14:17   #13
Brian Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmac00 View Post
ordered my new xc90 6 oct 8-10 wks del quoted, hope its delivered in Dec
Brian Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2009, 07:31   #14
vwood24

Default Car is built

Hiya everyone. I have been told my XC90 has now been built and is just awaiting shipment to the UK, does anyone know how long this may take?

I'm assuming that they want to get some money in on the car now it's built?!
vwood24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 10:24   #15
penny111

Hi Vwood,

Can I ask when you placed your order ? I ordered my XC90 on the 29th Sept and I have been told that delivery will be in or around the 23rd Dec..
penny111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 11:02   #16
gmac00

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny111 View Post
Hi Vwood,

Can I ask when you placed your order ? I ordered my XC90 on the 29th Sept and I have been told that delivery will be in or around the 23rd Dec..
Same dates as me!!
gmac00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 21:10   #17
vwood24

Ordered car on 20th or 21st September, can't quite remember which.

I'll be checking with the lease company again tomorrow about when it might be delivered. I'll let you know what they say.
Old Nov 25th, 2009, 19:51   #18
vwood24

Default Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I am getting soooo annoyed now. I asked today if I would have my XC90 by 5th December and have been told probably not!!!

Last week I was told that the car was built and ready for shipping and would still be here by the end of November, today I was told it is still in Sweden awaiting shipment.

Does anyone know how long I might have to wait for it to get into the UK and what the delay might be?
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 13:26   #19
gmac00

I got word from my dealer that my car is still in the factory and has the same delivery date as before.
gmac00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 14:55   #20
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwood24 View Post
I am getting soooo annoyed now. I asked today if I would have my XC90 by 5th December and have been told probably not!!!

Last week I was told that the car was built and ready for shipping and would still be here by the end of November, today I was told it is still in Sweden awaiting shipment.

Does anyone know how long I might have to wait for it to get into the UK and what the delay might be?
Knowing any manufacturer, they probably wait until they have a substantial amount of cars to be shipped, before actually shipping it.

It takes about 26Hrs from Gothenburg to Immingham btw once boat leaves. Del probably a week after that.
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote