Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > V40/XC '12>17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Dab artist and song title not displayed

Views : 6659

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 24th, 2015, 17:10   #1
skac2004

Default Dab artist and song title not displayed

I have just taken delivery of my 2015 Volvo V40 D3 R-Design Lux Nav. It has the Sensus Connect with Premium Sound specified. I have noticed that the DAB Radio does not display the Artist Name and Song Title despite these being selected in the settings. Is this a known problem? Is there a fix for this?
skac2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2015, 07:48   #2
andymcp
Premier Member

Doesnt work on mine either on my V60, instead I set it to radio station text (or whatever that option is called) and the artist and title information appears that way, usually rotating between other station messages. But the standalone artist and title option has never worked for me.

Mine: 2014 V60 D4 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
Mrs McP: 2013 V40 D2 R-Design Lux Nav
andymcp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andymcp For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 25th, 2015, 10:16   #3
GaryB1

Doesn't work for me either though I only have High Performance sound
Old Mar 25th, 2015, 11:26   #4
skac2004

Thank you for replying. My thoughts were that this is a standard DAB function, the version of Sensus Connect shouldn't matter. Maybe I'm wrong. My car is booked in at the dealers for them to look at another Sensus issue, so perhaps I'll get them to look at this as well. andymcp makes an interesting suggestion with the "radio station text" setting. I must admit I haven't seen that setting, but I'll take another look.
Old Mar 27th, 2015, 15:55   #5
GaryB1

let us know how you get on.
Old Mar 27th, 2015, 19:20   #6
skac2004

The Radio Station Text option does work! It does though seem counter intuitive as it makes the icons for Artist and Track Name redundant. My car is still going in to the dealers next week. So I will update with the definitive (hopefully) answer to this.
Old Mar 27th, 2015, 19:41   #7
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skac2004 View Post
I have just taken delivery of my 2015 Volvo V40 D3 R-Design Lux Nav. It has the Sensus Connect with Premium Sound specified. I have noticed that the DAB Radio does not display the Artist Name and Song Title despite these being selected in the settings. Is this a known problem? Is there a fix for this?
scrolling text in cars has been outlawed recently , so maybe volvo have done away with it altogether .. ON FM you just get the first part of the sentence via RDS .whilst it used to scroll on earlier models , V50 for example .
Old Apr 4th, 2015, 10:45   #8
skac2004

Car went in to the dealers and all they did was select Radio Station Text which does work. My question to the dealer which they have not provided an answer to is why is there a setting that allows you select for artist and title. This displays the icons below the radio station name which should then display the selected information. That setting and those icons are currently redundant which seem to me to be a software issue. I'm a little disappointed that the dealership have not provided an explanation for this. Even an acknowledgement that they will pass this on to Volvo hq for the next firmware issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to skac2004 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 4th, 2015, 10:50   #9
GaryB1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skac2004 View Post
Car went in to the dealers and all they did was select Radio Station Text which does work. My question to the dealer which they have not provided an answer to is why is there a setting that allows you select for artist and title. This displays the icons below the radio station name which should then display the selected information. That setting and those icons are currently redundant which seem to me to be a software issue. I'm a little disappointed that the dealership have not provided an explanation for this. Even an acknowledgement that they will pass this on to Volvo hq for the next firmware issue.
o well - thanks for the feedback
Old Oct 3rd, 2015, 00:54   #10
Wishbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
scrolling text in cars has been outlawed recently , so maybe volvo have done away with it altogether .. ON FM you just get the first part of the sentence via RDS .whilst it used to scroll on earlier models , V50 for example .
I've just had my V40 D2 RDesign for a week and I was wondering why the DAB text wasn't scrolling, particularly on speech based radio where often you get more than artist and title. Had no idea scrolling text had been banned. You've saved me a phone call to the dealer or fruitless search through the manual. Cheers.
Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote