Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo V70R AWD 1998 For sale AP Racing Calliper's etc!

Views : 974

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 13th, 2022, 14:31   #1
pow

Default Volvo V70R AWD 1998 For sale AP Racing Calliper's etc!

Afternoon all!

Well I have had to list for sale my rather unusual and rare V70R, I have just listed it on that auction site.

Anyone interested as I would prefer an enthusiast to take her from me

Cheers

Here is the blurb on it:

I have owned her for over 10 years and not really made much use of her so the time has come to let her go. A previous owner spent quite a lot on modifying it with Kalmar Union (the sticker is still on the rear window!) and other tuner for the RICA 280 remap (Done by Chip Tuning). Here is a list of the upgrades:
AP Racing 4 pot calipers and 330mm disc conversion (Done by Kalmar Union) very rare, I believe it’s the CP5200-1005 4 pots set.
RICA 280 Remap
Twin exhaust conversion (Done by Kalmar Union and the car was featured on his site, he has retired recently) very rare, it sounds very deep and not at all “chavvy”, adds even more “Menace” to the car!
Samco Hoses with some Miklor clamps
Pipercross air filter
Genuine Volvo removable lockable towbar with 13pin connector and 7 pin also
Since owning it I have, from memory, done the following:
New Windscreen (last 18 months)
New Radiator (last 18 months)
Volvo Timing belt, Tensioner and aux belt (about 4 years ago), the aux belt does squuek a bit (probably due to lack of use), they are all genuine volvo.
Rear brake discs
Handbrake cable
Engine Mount lower
Engine Mount upper
Cabin (Carbon) air filter (last year)
Oil & filter change (last year)
New breather hoses to the inlet and turbo etc (last year)
AP Caliper service done by AP, I have a new set of long front wheel bolts that are unfitted.
New front pads (2 years ago)
From partsforvolvosonline (last year):
1 x 850, S/V70 up to 98', Ignition Lead (Bougicord) set 20 Valve Engines (PFV902581) = £42.89
1 x S/V/C70 20v to 1998, 10v to 1999 Distributor Cap (PFV902333) = £14.52 (Unfitted)
1 x S70/V70/C70 to 2000 - Rotor Arm (PFV902573) = £14.52 (Unfitted)
1 x S70/V70 97-00 C70 98-05 (Turbo Engines) Genuine Volvo Spark Plugs (8692071) = £48.48
A new fuel filter (unfitted)
4 x1Ltr of Castrol Transmax (I had intended to chaing the gearbox oil but never had the chance)
1 x5ltr Shell Helix HX710w40 (new unopened for next oil change), I change the oil a8 months ago and its done hardly any miles
10 pack of black rear bumper rivet’s (unfitted)
4x Uniroyal Rainsport 5 tyres (2 years ago)

The car really hasn’t been used that much over the years as can be seen from the MOT history, so the above items done haven’t covered much mileage at all.

Things it needs are:
Propshaft centre bearing (about £40 on ebay), as she clunks a bit when changing from drive to reverse.
Underbody corrosion protection, I did some last year, but needs the rest doing.
The paintwork does need attention, especially the bonnet and rear bumper, but I never got around to it, there are scratches and some bubbles on the car
She has an “interesting” numberplate that she will go with R70 FKU!!
I have a lot of paperwork to go with it.
This is now a very rare care with equally rare and expensive modifications, the exhaust note sounds great and she drives well, any questions or additional pictures please let me know, I encourage you to come and look at her. I am selling as a a new addition to the family is due next year and have had to buy something a bit more practical, so selling this to make space ☹
pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2022, 09:17   #2
clampkelvin

Hi, I'd certainly be very interested - what sort of ball park price would you be after?
clampkelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2022, 09:27   #3
pow

Quote:
Originally Posted by clampkelvin View Post
Hi, I'd certainly be very interested - what sort of ball park price would you be after?
Hi mate,

This is the thing, I have no idea what they now go for. Especially mine with all the goodies on it!

I guess my post was more of a she's for sale and here she is so please buy her from me on that!
Old Dec 6th, 2022, 13:53   #4
pow

After some idiots who messed me about, I have relisted it as a classified ad!
Old Dec 6th, 2022, 16:00   #5
CrystalKen

Where have you listed it?
CrystalKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2022, 16:04   #6
pow

On ebay mate, classified ad, 4k with offers if your interested.
Old Dec 6th, 2022, 16:11   #7
Bob Meadows
Premier Member

Link:~ https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304727954865
Bob Meadows is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Meadows For This Useful Post: