Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Interference through stereo with RSE

Views : 3868

Replies : 35

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 4th, 2011, 01:10   #31
dj898

sounds like the part your dealer fitted is the same thing mine did earlier and made no difference what so ever, in fact made it worse. I may need to check with my dealer and/or Volvo Australia but they were saying another part to manufactured and shipped directly from the Volvo factory to my dealer.

On my previous worksheet they listed couple of components replaced with no improvement. On latest worksheet there's no mention of replaced components yet they somehow killed that noise...
dj898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 10:53   #32
jmills01

Thanks dj898 - let's hope it can be resolved this time around. I'll let my dealer know that it can be resolved without parts.

Incidentally, the new AUX input they fitted has resolved one other issue - to listen to the RSE via the speakers it used to be necessary to connect a blank 3.5mm jack to the AUX input. Now, the sound is heard (sadly, along with the engine noise interference still) via the speakers simply by pressing the Audio control on the RSE remote as was originally meant to happen.
jmills01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2011, 16:29   #33
jmills01

Still no fix - dealer reckons Volvo have acknowledged the issue and are working on a fix but for my configuration - i.e. Sensus + RSE they can't resolve it yet. Darned annoying as we're about to drive 2,000 miles on holiday would really like to have been able to use the RSE for just that purpose but at least they're taking it seriously and trying to sort.
Old Aug 16th, 2011, 04:32   #34
dj898

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmills01 View Post
Incidentally, the new AUX input they fitted has resolved one other issue - to listen to the RSE via the speakers it used to be necessary to connect a blank 3.5mm jack to the AUX input. Now, the sound is heard (sadly, along with the engine noise interference still) via the speakers simply by pressing the Audio control on the RSE remote as was originally meant to happen.
On our RSE the DVD audio could routed to the vehicle's audio system by going into DVD menu and turning on A.I.T.I(?) setting. And I remember correctly this feature was mentioned on the XC60 RSE brochure as well...
I think the remote works too but we don't use the remote 'coz girls will lost it back there...

If yours didn't that means your RSE was not installed properly perhaps...?
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 13:42   #35
jmills01

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj898 View Post
On our RSE the DVD audio could routed to the vehicle's audio system by going into DVD menu and turning on A.I.T.I(?) setting. And I remember correctly this feature was mentioned on the XC60 RSE brochure as well...
I think the remote works too but we don't use the remote 'coz girls will lost it back there...

If yours didn't that means your RSE was not installed properly perhaps...?
I originally thought it was an installation issue, but when they replaced the AUX socket it worked properly as you describe above. It has been suggested that the RSE manufacturer was not told about the change to Sensus, hence the problem. That's why Volvo have now got to develop another fix for the RSE noise issue, too.
Old Oct 5th, 2011, 00:51   #36
dj898

Here's latest update on my side.
After waiting for our kids school term break I booked the car in for the year 2 services as well as the fix on RSE. The dealer already had the new AUX socket module to replace.

The issue it seems was that at one point a phono jack was inserted into the AUX input socket inside the centre console and this somehow slightly damaged the connection - i.e. the audio wires from both DVD player in each headrest connected to the AUX input hence you can hear the DVD audio thru the car's audio system. The socket was somehow pushed in and resulted the connection made with the audio wires from DVD unstable and this contributed to that interference noise issue. The mechanic told me the audio system in the car is digital and immune to the interference except this AUX input connection from RSE which is analogue. :8

After testing it was working I left the garage and at the first speed bump the cable fell out from the AUX socket from inside the centre console. After attempting to retrieve the cable from the very narrow gap they decided to give another go today - at that time the mechanics already gone for the day. Hopefully they reattach the cable more securely today...

By the way the dealer gave me V60 T5 courtesy car to drive and it's quite nice.
Also I like the new Sensus info system - especially that now you can turn on the rearview camera when ever you want while driving. Not so sure about the tilting the driver side mirror when reversing. I had to hunt the menu to turn it off 'coz I couldn't cheek the side of the car when reversing... @__@