Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo XC60 Major and Minor Faults and Issues

Views : 8862

Replies : 40

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 08:38   #11
stu0710
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjon View Post
I only borrow them for the weekend!
The one I use is a bit bigger and faster which costs around the $260 million mark, but still breaks down. My biggest gripes are even at 260 million you don't get a memory function on the seat or an intermittent windscreen wiper setting.
I bet it's got some great cupholders though!
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 13:14   #12
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu0710 View Post
True, but they will be for American cups, not our silly little European ones

I wonder if they are left hand or right hand drive?
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 14:01   #13
Mrjon
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs View Post
boeing 777?
No, bigger and faster still ! 747-400 ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu0710 View Post
Yes, the cup holders are great, 4 of them !
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 15:11   #14
Worthingmike

So far the only problem was with the motion sensor in the cabin.

24000 miles to date.
No oil level problems. No rattles. Very comfortable car, especially for long journeys.

Would I buy again? Yes

XC60 MY10 AWD D5 SE LUX Premium Auto
Worthingmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 15:30   #15
r-designbob
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjon View Post
I only borrow them for the weekend!
The one I use is a bit bigger and faster which costs around the $260 million mark, but still breaks down. My biggest gripes are even at 260 million you don't get a memory function on the seat or an intermittent windscreen wiper setting.

LOl. Does it have Blis?

No probs with my 1 year old 60 (fingers crossed )
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 17:57   #16
ExMercR
XC60 Owner

D5 AWD SE Premium Auto. 5 months old, 5k miles.

Slight wind noise from the drivers door window, but not worth a trip to the dealers. Other than that no faults whatsoever. Enjoying this car a lot.
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 19:07   #17
Foringo

D5 AWD Premium Lux

Had the problem with rising oil level which was cured with the software upgrade and the common front marker light bulb failure (dealer sorted but would be an easy DIY fix in a matter of minutes due to clever design of headlight retainers!) Just coming up to two years old and very pleased with my XC60...good choice. I had more problems with my previous B8 2008 Audi A4 2.7 Mulitronic & build quality is on a par with it....and it's great in the snow
Foringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 20:21   #18
DavidG

Had my XC 60 175 Geartronic for just over two years and 24000 miles,the only real defect was knocking from front suspension, rectified under warranty by replacement of both front suspension mount rubbers, evidently due to a build problem on early MY10 cars (mine was June 2009) once rectified car felt like new again.
Have had one nearside front marker bulb and one rear number plate bulb fail.
From a driving enjoyment point of view the most annoying problems have been rattles from the rear of the car , most of which have been cured now by adjustment to rear nearside passenger door and tailgate, there are still some creaks evident mostly due to the rather poor quality plastics used in the trim to the rear of the car.
Maybe a lot of these problems have been down to bying an early production model.
Would I buy another- most certainly- it has been one of the best driving cars I have ever had
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 21:04   #19
darbs
XC60 Owner

no reliability issues.

minor issues:
- wind noise (fixed free by dealer)
- beam set too high (temp. fixed by myself thx to this forum and corrected free by dealer)
- fog light on wrong side (changed over free by dealer)
- trim on front passenger door rattles when i play regulate by warren g (not yet fixed).

numpty issues (ie my fault):
- drove over a bollard in a carpark and damaged NSR door and 1/4. repaired transparently by http://taketheweekendoff.com at a very reasonable rate.
- left parking lights on for 7 days and battery went flat. AA recharged it, and it recovered - first ever battery i've owned to recover from being mullered so badly.
82 Metro 1.0
darbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 23:38   #20
volvorocks
Rodney

Also peeps and just to put things into perspective I myself have owned over the years many new vehicles and have a great driving experience having been involved in motor racing

Many decades ago...!!... i was considered a hard driver and drove cars much different than I do nowadays.I treat cars nowadays with TLC.

All the cars from yesteryear I owned however did stand up to such hard use including Renault Talbot Lada FSO (yes) Vauxhall Austin Hillman Triumph Citroen Mercedes Jaguar Datsun BMW Mazda Ferrari and Ford - imps toledos 528i 355's tagoras bx's rivas's allegros maxis 120y's 120f11, XJ's etc .No real problems at all apart from the odd blown headlamp or tail lamp and the odd clutch brake disc or on the odd occasion a drive shaft. And did the cars get driven hard. oh yes. Some were literally raced and rallied.Yet they never failed.

Nowadays cars seem less able to stand up to mega miles.

Nowadays I look after a car like a child - yet they still fail - and I wonder why....

Answers...................???????????????????????? ??????????????????????
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote