Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

100,000 miles club

Views : 2212

Replies : 30

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 1st, 2018, 16:06   #21
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvopilot View Post
probably looking for just the drop-in filter due to costs.
Well, dont expect too much then. In my case it did improve response and car became a bit more "lively" but old filter was a bit dirty so not sure how much of that is because of new filter and how much due to high-flow design. Sound-wise, no changes at all. Good and quality made filter, but wouldnt call it "tune".
Old Oct 2nd, 2018, 08:21   #22
StatusRed
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardOfBodom View Post
Ur getting cone or standard drop-in K&N?
I got the latter one week ago, nice improvement but probably not as good as with cone, just too much hassle for me.
Probably the drop in. Main reason being I think the air filter is due to be changed anyway and the K&N one is meant to be cleanable so should save costs in the long term? If it's a slight upgrade that's good too. Not expecting much though. I was looking at cold air induction before but conflicting ideas about whether it increases performance or can actually decrease due to sucking in more hot air from the engine bay. All it's really good for is noise, which I don't care for :P

Previous: C70 Coupe 2.4i | Saab 9-5 Aero | Daihatsu SporTrak
StatusRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2018, 10:58   #23
Rusty1

Not quite there yet, 600 miles to go but when the clock does tick over the 100k miles it will have been with my bum in the driver’s seat for all of that time. I bought the car new 5 years ago and it’s had just routine maintenance since, still on original clutch.
Rusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rusty1 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 2nd, 2018, 11:56   #24
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatusRed View Post
Probably the drop in. Main reason being I think the air filter is due to be changed anyway and the K&N one is meant to be cleanable so should save costs in the long term? If it's a slight upgrade that's good too. Not expecting much though. I was looking at cold air induction before but conflicting ideas about whether it increases performance or can actually decrease due to sucking in more hot air from the engine bay. All it's really good for is noise, which I don't care for :P
Well in that case you dont loose much, can only gain. I had to replace my filter so instead of spending 17e for new paper one, I spent 35e (bargain!) for K&N one. I would not replace it just for sake of "tuning" but in this case it was worth it. It will serve you longer and if it increases flow by even few ccm, why not?
CAI filter is a good option but only if you do it properly with cold air duct etc, if you just drop it into engine bay you will most likely gain zero.

word of advice - RTFM about those reusable filters, they come covered with oil from factory - some say its an excessive amount and advice on vacuuming/compress airing them before putting into car. Also same after every cleaning & re-oiling, wchich I didnt know about.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LizardOfBodom For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 5th, 2018, 15:29   #25
benrpatterson

178k and still going well, spent a few £100 on it this year so far though. To be expected I suppose.

S40 2007 2.0D
benrpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to benrpatterson For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 6th, 2018, 03:15   #26
ggalah

Default volvo v50 t5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdig View Post
My 2006 V50 turned 100,000 miles this morning, and it's still looking good. Anyone else?
greetings from oz Im having trouble posting a message . I saw your question was noticed your question looks at many times and hope that someone will read my messa ge I have a v50t5 and I would like to modify the interior of original muffler.I cant find a diagram of interior . Can anyone help thanks
ggalah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2018, 12:41   #27
pdig

Thumbs up

Hello ggalah,

Previously I have found links to the workshop manuals. I think this is a link, and then you'll have to search.

https://workshop-manuals.com/volvo/v...ce_and_repair/

Is this any good?
pdig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2018, 23:46   #28
david480

Quote:
Originally Posted by benrpatterson View Post
178k and still going well, spent a few £100 on it this year so far though. To be expected I suppose.

S40 2007 2.0D
Just passed 140k miles in my 2007 C30 2.0d. Only had the car a year and have done 17k miles in it so far. I think the 2.0d must be the most underrated engine.
david480 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david480 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 8th, 2018, 08:09   #29
domhart10
Volvo S40

am ok around 125k here and car is still going well.

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to domhart10 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 17th, 2018, 19:38   #30
ians

Default c30 2.0d sport r design

clocking up 172000 and engine running sweet
ians is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ians For This Useful Post:

Tags
mileage, v50