Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC Going Back To The Dealer AGAIN!

Views : 6110

Replies : 51

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 8th, 2015, 20:53   #41
mike95

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorc View Post
My car goes in tomorrow so fingers crossed, I will be taking in a copy of some photos that were posted on here that show a U.S. Volvo technical bulletin that refers to the climate issue so let's see if they finally accept that it is an issue!!
Just to say good luck with Climate issue. I have the same and no improvement after 2 goes at it by different dealers so will be very interested in the outcome and actual solution.

Cheers.

Mike
Old Jan 9th, 2015, 08:05   #42
Crockers
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 675rrr View Post
Im picking up my Merc tomorrow........Had enough of the XC60 and it all its frustrating habits and problems.
What Merc are you getting? If it has theV6 diesel fingers crossed on the inlet port motor. Mine had 3 replaced plus a crankshaft bearing. All makes have their rogue cars. Got to admit the support from my dealer and MB customer service was first class. So much so I had a letter stating that if it went again the maximum I would have to pay was 10% then it comes with a 2 years warranty on parts and labour on the repair.
Old Jan 9th, 2015, 09:16   #43
jjb

Quote:
My car goes in tomorrow so fingers crossed, I will be taking in a copy of some photos that were posted on here that show a U.S. Volvo technical bulletin that refers to the climate issue so let's see if they finally accept that it is an issue!!
I will be doing that as well, but I couldn’t actually see what the fix is, only that it's a fault. Not sure how quick they will give you any feedback, but if you get any before tomorrow morning, I would really be interested, just so I can take more ammo.

Out of interest, has anyone been in the same situation as me, where a fault was looked at various times during warranty, and even had parts replaced, but was never fixed? Did they fix it eventually, without charging, or did you have to pay them anything. Does anyone know if there’re some consumer rights to protect you from this?
Old Jan 9th, 2015, 13:46   #44
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 675rrr View Post
Im picking up my Merc tomorrow........Had enough of the XC60 and it all its frustrating habits and problems.
Reliability report I've seen show Merc and Volvo reliability almost identical.

Both get the occasional rogue car, hope the new one is good to you.

XC60 is one of the most reliable SUV's around though, sorry to hear about yours.
Old Jan 9th, 2015, 17:43   #45
taylorc

UPDATE:

For those that were interested here is the outcome of today's visit:

1. Climate Issue:
I gave the dealer a copy of the pics that show the U.S. technical bulletin and they initially said that it would not apply (even though I said that my symptoms were exactly the same!)......however, I was later informed that the climate controller had indeed been given a software update so now it's a case of wait and see..........

2. Rattling Tailgate:
The dealer has had to replace the clips that hold the tailgate panel in place as a number of them were broken, I did however have to pay for the clips as the panel had previously been removed!!!! It was only £8.45 but that's not the point really!!

3. Frozen Doors:
"Sorry sir there is nothing we can do"!!' ....... What a load of sh**!!

4. Crappy Pirelli Scorpion Tyres:
The dealer has quoted me almost £2500 for a set of Ixion 20's with winter tyres, all I can say is bloody hell!!!

So there we have it, only time will tell if the climate is sorted and I'm still surprised at being charged for the clips but the "icing" (pardon the pun) on the cake is being told that it's normal for a car to freeze solid at -1!!

Previous MY13 XC60 D5 R-Design Lux Nav

Previous...Audi S3 DSG, Ford Focus ST3, Ford Focus ST170
taylorc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to taylorc For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 9th, 2015, 18:23   #46
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
UPDATE:

For those that were interested here is the outcome of today's visit:

1. Climate Issue:
I gave the dealer a copy of the pics that show the U.S. technical bulletin and they initially said that it would not apply (even though I said that my symptoms were exactly the same!)......however, I was later informed that the climate controller had indeed been given a software update so now it's a case of wait and see..........

2. Rattling Tailgate:
The dealer has had to replace the clips that hold the tailgate panel in place as a number of them were broken, I did however have to pay for the clips as the panel had previously been removed!!!! It was only £8.45 but that's not the point really!!

3. Frozen Doors:
"Sorry sir there is nothing we can do"!!' ....... What a load of sh**!!

4. Crappy Pirelli Scorpion Tyres:
The dealer has quoted me almost £2500 for a set of Ixion 20's with winter tyres, all I can say is bloody hell!!!

So there we have it, only time will tell if the climate is sorted and I'm still surprised at being charged for the clips but the "icing" (pardon the pun) on the cake is being told that it's normal for a car to freeze solid at -1!!
3 you can solve yourself when you clean it. Don't know why dealers don't treat the trim and door as part of the new car preparation.

4 Volvo charge a ridiculous price for their rims. You can get a full set direct from their manufacturer for about £600 and buy the centre caps at a fraction of the cost.

Last edited by RoyMacDonald; Jan 9th, 2015 at 18:25.
RoyMacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2015, 22:52   #47
Ninja59
Probably Akita's Toyboy..

Treating trim as new car protection hahaha fat chance many cannot even wash the cars properly without inflicting damage and as for some of the prep that gets carried out by a majority "poor" would be polite. The ones that can prep a car are still on deadlines and cost reduction though.

On the rim front get smaller wheels with a larger profile tyre, an ixion diamond cut wheel will not stand up well to Winter weather anyway so you are simply wasting money.

In regards to the clips I must admit I fell foul of that with my C30 although at least it was only a small amount.
Ninja59 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ninja59 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 15th, 2015, 15:32   #48
jjb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMacDonald View Post
3 you can solve yourself when you clean it. Don't know why dealers don't treat the trim and door as part of the new car preparation.

4 Volvo charge a ridiculous price for their rims. You can get a full set direct from their manufacturer for about £600 and buy the centre caps at a fraction of the cost.
Just an update. As expected, the dealer could not find anything wrong i.e. the computer doesn't give any error codes therefore a "master mechanic" is not capable of diagnosing ANY problems. Was told that the bulletin didn't apply to UK and all other software had been updated on the last service in July. Did your update fix it anyway?
Old Jan 15th, 2015, 19:50   #49
taylorc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjb View Post
Just an update. As expected, the dealer could not find anything wrong i.e. the computer doesn't give any error codes therefore a "master mechanic" is not capable of diagnosing ANY problems. Was told that the bulletin didn't apply to UK and all other software had been updated on the last service in July. Did your update fix it anyway?
It's hard to tell really as since the update I've only used the car for commuting which is a 40 minute journey each way so not enough time to test properly, as far as your car goes I can tell you that my car has previously had a new air mixer motor fitted (the original Volvo diagnosis) which did seem to help (the problem was not as pronounced) so you could ask them to test yours.....

Previous MY13 XC60 D5 R-Design Lux Nav

Previous...Audi S3 DSG, Ford Focus ST3, Ford Focus ST170
taylorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2015, 16:00   #50
jjb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjb View Post
Out of interest, has anyone been in the same situation as me, where a fault was looked at various times during warranty, and even had parts replaced, but was never fixed? Did they fix it eventually, without charging, or did you have to pay them anything. Does anyone know if there’re some consumer rights to protect you from this?
Just had a call from dealer. One of the faults was that the n/s mirror often made a squeaky noise when opening. They lubricated it on the last service in July, but didn’t fix it. Now they want 80 something pounds to take them apart and lubricate them properly. Another fault was a noise coming from the suspension, mainly when braking hard into a corner. Again, on the first ever visit, nearly three years ago,(when the car was almost new!) they changed some part which never fixed the problem, and after 7 more visits, they never seemed to find the fault anymore. Now they want 400 and something pounds to replace some leaky bush or something which they say should also fix another fault with the engine shaking when pulling away, even though that fault originally appeared a year after the suspension fault appeared, by replacing some clutch kit (it's a powershift) and had started to do it again around last Easter. I have explained that all these problems were logged well before the warranty run out, so they were going to speak to the manager.

I would really appreciate any advice, preferably legal advice with regards to my rights.
Thanks.