Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Diesel Engines

Notices

Diesel Engines A forum dedicated to diesel engines fitted to Volvo cars. See the first post in this forum for a list of the diesel engines.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Two questions..... EGR and Fuel Corrections

Views : 1925

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 24th, 2016, 19:35   #1
osullivant

Default Two questions..... EGR and Fuel Corrections

I have been having trouble for weeks, am still getting MAF 135F, despite fitting a new MAF and TMAP and Exhaust gas Sensor... Now that I have VIDA working maybe things will improve....

This clip was captured shortly after I got VIDA to operate following a drive, when I stopped the Air Mass/ Stroke was showing a value of nearly twice the Mass / desired until I hit 2000 rpm when they pretty much equalized, and this remained. My instinct now is that this is an EGR problem, I took this off yesterday and it is now the cleanest EGR in the world but It was extraordinarily difficult to move it as if the motor was seized...

When I got the camera out and recorded it there was only a little discrepancy

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6H...ew?usp=sharing

the above shows readings at idle through 4500rpm

Can anybody tell me if the EGR appears to be doing the right thing??

My Fuel correction/cylinder speeds at idle with a hot engine are as follows.
1. 689 r/min 2. 694 r/min 3. 689 r/min 4. 702 r/min 5. 692 r/min

1; 0.02 -0.02 2; -0.22 -0.4 3;0.14 0.11 4;-0.56 -0.68 5; 0.82 0.75

are these good bad or indifferent.... can injector issues reflect in a MAF fault??

Thanks

Tony
osullivant is offline   Reply With Quote