Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 mk 1 headlights on Ebay

Views : 789

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 27th, 2017, 13:28   #1
oliverpervasive

Default V70 mk 1 headlights on Ebay

Hi Folks,
Have stuck my V70 Volvo hella headlights on Ebay. Should have offered on here first - oh well. They came from my V70 TDI mk1. nice condition.
Ref :
222490219706/222490229124

I'm driving an S40 1.8 now so over on the other forum : -)
Thanks for the fun/help/advice over the years

O
oliverpervasive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2017, 17:30   #2
Bigfella666
Premier Member

Oliver

Bizarre I was thinking about you only this morning, not in that kind of way I hasten to add.

My fear is that you gave up on the V70 and sale of the headlights would appear to confirm ! Really sorry to hear if this is the case
Bigfella666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2017, 12:02   #3
oliverpervasive

Default End of days

Hello Bigfella,
I kept on trying but just could not get her running again. Bizarre - as I never really found out why other than something to do with the fuel injection. But with no codes coming up from your software I was left without a direction. Many thanks for the loan.
I did not feel I could ask those on here who were kind enough to suggest they might find time to come an look as she was an old girl and I'm tight on £.
Was gutted but it was a financial call in the end and my missus wanted her drive back. She was a fantastic project ( car not missus) and I learnt a lot over the years with invaluable help from this forum. In fact if these headlights sell I was going to use it to pay for my subscription - seems only right :-)

S40 just not as cool as the V70 - no way.

Cheers mate

O
Old Apr 28th, 2017, 12:25   #4
HiFlyer437

Whereabouts in Middlesex? I could possibly collect before/after a flight. Do you have a cash price in mind (to save on those pesky eBay fees...)?
HiFlyer437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2017, 12:33   #5
Bigfella666
Premier Member

Oliver

That is a real shame and clearly she really did knaw at your sanity. I was in a similar position a year ago with intermittent non - starting. VOL said it was a CPS, replaced it still the same problem. Only through replacing all possible related electrical components did I succeed and to this day still do not know what the fault was. On the up side she has started first time every time since and many would have said do not throw £200 in parts at her in the way that I did.

I know how it feels to be short on $ - my R is to all intents and purposes off the road but still I work on her most weekends. Trouble is you are a decent bloke who would not expect chaps on the Forum to help him out gratis. However I have no doubt somebody would have done so, but possibly not in the timescale ya Julie was demanding the return of her drive !

All the best and sorry the VOL was of little use. The Note is running as well as can be expected despite the almost certainly dodgy MOT. Had to spend £180 on tyres despite within days of buying despite the MOT stating there was 2mm on them 200 miles ago. Glad I discovered they were on the bars before the Rozzers ! Last tank of gas 48.5mpg which for a 1.6 petrol I think is Noteworthy !

Oddly I need a new front headlamp on the R. Bought a replacement from Braydons some months ago as it had yellowed. There was a JD Autos version or similar on the other side. Steve at Braydons warned me they were ****e and to be careful of the brass ferrules. Removed to get to the lower rad bracket and the ferrule came out with it. Tried to epoxy but in pushing it back into the casing managed to smash the plastic !! Now held in with duct tape on the single bolt side in order to hold headlamp and the side light - will replace when she is back on the road !

All the best
Bigfella666 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigfella666 For This Useful Post:
Old May 1st, 2017, 18:18   #6
oliverpervasive

I'm in Isleworth - nr Heathrow 10 mins.
I 've put on ebay now so think its only fair I let it run its course. Thanks for your interest.