Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

turning off DRLs S40 p1

Views : 1642

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 16th, 2013, 23:29   #11
Dean1985
Master Member

[QUOTE=Iceni50;1468165] I taped the wire back to the main loom both to insulate it and keep it out of the way and in case i wanted to reinstate the drls. /QUOTE]

Why not just put a switch between then you can have what you want when you want
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean1985 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 08:15   #12
Mount vision rider
Master Member

I would prefer just to have the side lights as drl's but I'm not going to mess about with the wiring to do that. I've read through the handbook and it tells you in that how to turn the drl on and off with the switch unit and full beam stalk. The insurance can't cancel your cover just because you don't want your headlights on all the time that's just stupid. I've turned mine off for the summer months and will turn them back on for the winter months.
Mount vision rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 08:46   #13
Thorfin
S40 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mount vision rider View Post
The insurance can't cancel your cover just because you don't want your headlights on all the time that's just stupid.
Is it? It is a modification from factory standard, and if after an accident they discover you have been mucking around with wiring etc and not informed them then who's to say they can't cancel the policy and refuse to pay up?

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."
Thorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 10:28   #14
Mount vision rider
Master Member

It is in my handbook. I know insurance company's are ######'s but I don't think they would go that far into the car. It's more performance upgrades they look for I.E. wheels, exhaust, suspension, and possibly an software on the ecu. It's not a law in this country to have drl's unlike where volvo's are made from and it's abit of a volvo trademark too.
Mount vision rider is offline   Reply With Quote