Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1995 Volvo 850 T5 GLE manual

Views : 1342

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 20th, 2019, 15:52   #1
Stu B
Master Member

Smile 1995 Volvo 850 T5 GLE manual

Hi All,

I'm selling my 850 T5 after three happy years motoring, maintaining and improving it. It's an original manual car, in daily use with just under 174k miles on it, MOT until 18/07/19. Reg is M847 TNT if anyone would like to check the MOT history etc. (I generally blur the reg in photos as I previously had a car cloned when for sale on Autotrader some years ago).

The car is standard and has full leather interior, heated front seats, ABS, 4x electric windows, electric mirrors, genuine Volvo dog guard and roller load cover and all the usual fittings. I have added a strut brace, improved headlight bulbs and a modern stereo (which I can replace with the original for sale) but otherwise it's as intended by Volvo in 1995. It has electronic climate control (ECC) which works for heating, ventilation and temperature control but the air conditioning aspect doesn't work. My next project was to fix it, but I have decided to replace the car with an automatic due to a knee problem which is aggravated commuting in traffic daily in a manual car unfortunately.

I bought the car from a forum member and serial Volvo enthusiast 3 years ago, who in turn bought it from the original owner of 20 years as I recall. It has extensive service history from previous owners, and all receipts from the work I've done, photos are available too.

Pics and detailed progress documented on my build thread here with photos, but I'll add a summary of the car and work done below and some photos:
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=283304

- Early 2017 - replaced all vacuum hoses with new silicon pipes with new clips and fittings, new thermostat and genuine coolant.

- May 2017 (164k miles) - Full genuine clutch, RMS and slave cyl replaced. Gearbox oil and seals changed.
New flywheel and subframe stretch bolts and various other bits. Big job!

- June 2017 - Full genuine PCV replacement.

- Oct 2017 - Suspension refresh, new Bilstein B4 dampers all round, top mounts, bump stops, Meyle HD ARB links - rides and handles very well at standard ride height.

- June 2018 - Front brake rebuild, all new friction parts, callipers refurbished with new seals and flexi hoses, new fluid. (New rear friction parts in garage not been required yet but can go with car for future).

- Aug 2018 - New Gates aux belt and tensioner fitted

- Dec 2018 - New set of genuine spark plugs and radiator replacement, new oil cooler seals and clips, genuine coolant.

- General servicing - Oil and filter changed ever 5k miles.

- Tyres - full set of five matching Uniroyal Rainsport 3. Rears and spare from 2018 (approx. 8k covered, spare is brand new tyre on full size alloy), fronts new in Jan 2019, approx. 2k miles, tracking setup professionally Jan 2019.

The car is a reliable daily driver in good mechanical condition. Cosmetically, it's very presentable for 24 years old the only points to note being some surface corrosion around the roof rail fixings and some creaky, brittle and damaged rear interior trim as is common. Being picky, I'd probably get the wheels refurbished before the next set of tyres but to be honest, they're fine. I've been using the car daily for 3 years, including a couple of 1000+ mile road trips to Scotland. The last 6 months I've spent commuting 25 miles a day with no issues hence the level of maintenance and investment I've put into it.

As such, I'd be looking for offers around £2,495 for an original, practical classic which is ready to do another 150k miles now I've put a new clutch in and is still quicker than the 330i BMW I've bought to replace it!

Please drop me a line via PM, or reply here if interested, of if you'd like more info, photos or to arrange a viewing. I'm in Cheshire just off the M62 J7. No swaps please, I have too many cars already or I'd be keeping this one.

Thanks
Stuart

Last edited by Stu B; Apr 20th, 2019 at 15:59.
Stu B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stu B For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 21st, 2019, 17:46   #2
Stu B
Master Member

I gave the car a cleanup for sale today, photos taken 21/04/19:

Modern stereo with DAB, bluetooth, USB etc. (no CD player) but reasonably tasteful:

Original stereo, new rear discs and pads, spare genuine coolant from radiator replacement, leather care kit, bag of spare trim clips, oil cooler seals and bits and bobs.

Service history including PDI sheet, receipts, MOTs, spare keys, original handbook is in the car and there's a Haynes manual too.

I should have said in my previous post, I prefer cash on collection for payment

Last edited by Stu B; Apr 21st, 2019 at 19:24.
Stu B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2019, 12:37   #3
Stu B
Master Member

Default Sold

The car sold to the first viewer this morning, an enthusiast and forum member
Old Apr 22nd, 2019, 14:24   #4
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu B View Post
The car sold to the first viewer this morning, an enthusiast and forum member
Great news, I was so tempted (I have no need for one of these what so ever).

A great restoration, enjoyed the thread and really pleased to hear it’s gone to a member!

Enjoy the 330. I would be interested in seeing what you do to that and am sure others would be even if this is a Volvo forum!
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XC90Mk1 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 18:44   #5
snarkosnarko

For sale again. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...1023950612876/
snarkosnarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 19:43   #6
kmb

I see he added a spoiler, also some different wheels, looks in fine fettle.
Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 21:53   #7
amazondean
amazondean

Some pictures show the spoiler, some don't!
Those different wheels are only in one photo. The other photos are of the original wheels. Maybe they are included. A very fine looking car indeed!

Last edited by amazondean; Jun 3rd, 2019 at 22:10.
amazondean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 22:09   #8
Selby

It’s me who owns it.

It’s got the spoiler on and comes with the original t5 wheels as I wasn’t mad keen on how it looked on the comets.

I’ve also fitted some apex springs, pipercross panel filter and done a service on it and done a front offside wheel bearing.

Was only selling as I saw a 740 I wanted but now that 740 has gone I’m not all that bothered.
Selby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2019, 13:22   #9
Turbodave
VOC Member

The car is now in Edinburgh (ish) with me and settling into its new role nicely. Part of me feels I should continue where Stuart left off but part of me finds uploading images too difficult.

Just wanted to add, Stuart... an absolute gent and instrumental in making this happen and James, likewise.

Here's to the next chapter, whatever that may be.
Turbodave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Turbodave For This Useful Post: