Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 Windscreen Washer Pump / Jets / Motor

Views : 28811

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 5th, 2009, 12:27   #21
VolvoXC90

Default Replacement Washer Pump

I searched Google under the Ford Part number 1355124 within the thread and that led to www.simpsonsupplies.co.uk.
it's listed as 12V washer Pump WP67 Direct Fit.
Fitted last week and so far so go.
Volvo XC90
VolvoXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VolvoXC90 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 30th, 2010, 11:36   #22
Nuncillius

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderhopper View Post
I too have a washer problem. Front washer works fine but the rear does nothing - doesn't make a sound. I thought it might be the pump unitl I read that it's the same pump as the front with a twin outlet. Then I thought it might be the switch on the stock but the wipers comes on OK. Any ideas?
Hi Border Hopper, I have the same problem you did a while back. My front screen washer works fine, the rear does not. The pump remains silent when I push the stalk. Did you get yours fixed? What was the problem?

Cheers, any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Nick

2003 XC90 D5 SE
Nuncillius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 09:53   #23
pianoplayingpilot

Default Washer probs

Very comprehensive stuff on here, but -
My headlamp washers work and the pump is working for front and rear screen but no spray. Also I can't blow anything through the T valves either way.
Do we think blockage nearer pump and new T sections?
I'll follow sheikhr's detailed plan....
pianoplayingpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pianoplayingpilot For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 1st, 2014, 22:52   #24
MisterWooley

Default Headlight washer started after repair to instrument panel

I am curious. Several weeks ago my headlight washers stopped working. Fuse checked ok as was fluid level. Screen and rear were ok.

Since I can live without headlight washers I put it on the fix list for later investigating.

Over the last couple of weeks instrument panel message window has been intermittent. Then it failed completely. Can't live without instrument panel working so sent it for repair with Volvodiagnostics. Great service. Delay repairing mine so loan unit provided.

Once instrument panel re fitted and battery re-connected. Headlight washers now working.

Is there a link between instrument panel and headlight washer or did it reset itself because battery disconnected for a week.

Maybe I'm just lucky. Any thoughts?
MisterWooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2015, 10:04   #25
dino25uk

Default Offside Headlight Washer

Guys, hope you can help. My '04 XC90 Offside Headlight washer is not working. On the pull of the stalk the Jet comes up on both sides, but only the nearside headlight washer is working. I have replaced the washer unit and checked that water is getting to it by removing the hose from the unit and pulling the stalk. Either I have bought another faulty unit or the T-piece or motor is faulty. BTW the jets at the end of the washer are clear. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
dino25uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2016, 12:58   #26
doylet5
Xc90 Driver

Pump eBay £7.99 both mine not working fitted pump on my 54 xc90 d5 drivers side corner of bumper just pulled pump out and refitted new just make sure to put hoses on correct nozzle sorted no need for removing bumpers always use windscreen wash and not water out of garden watering can like wife did ????
doylet5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2018, 08:44   #27
Keith Hall

Did this yesterday .....

Bought this pump from Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/TWMC-135512.../dp/B00MUY0T0U

Didn't need to remove any bumpers or trim, just parked the drivers front wheel up on a kerb and enough space to work underneath

Hardest bit of this job was getting the tubes feeding the front and back jets off - ended up using a small screwdriver to lever the tubes off

Once the tubes were off, relatively quick job - probably less than half an hour to complete
Keith Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2019, 22:29   #28
AUS T5

Default It was a blocked pump filter for me ( before & after photo’)

My windshield washers had completely stopped working although the the headlamp ones were fine. After checking all the lines under the bonnet which were clear I finally removed the pump at the bottom of the reservoir located front LH side behind the bumper, just removed it out through the wheel arch removing nearest plastic screw to create a gap between shroud. I pried off the two top pipes, no clips, just a tight fit and removed the power plug on the top, very hard to get at but doable. I then pulled the pump out of the bottom of the reservoir waiting to get drowned in water from a full tank but nothing came out! Strange, so I then pulled the black washer from the same hole, this turned out to be the problem since it was not just a washer but a combo filter and totally bunged up. The water then came gushing out with more gunk in it and after several flushes I put it all back together and it now works as good as new.
Here are the before and after photo’s.....
AUS T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AUS T5 For This Useful Post: