Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Bluetooth Support for Androids

Views : 642

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 18th, 2019, 10:30   #1
Dingle232

Default Bluetooth Support for Androids

I recently had Android Auto installed on my XC60 Inscription and it works well in all aspects apart from media (music playback) where I use the VLC app.

When not using Android Auto the car's own media software won't allow me to control music on my phone via Bluetooth - it will show the track playing on the screen but it will not let me change it or the artist etc. I have to change it on the phone itself.

Anyone else have this issue and know of a fix? I suspect that it's the software that doesn't support my phone - Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
Dingle232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2019, 13:43   #2
Sphinx2000

I use folder player Pro app on my android device via Bluetooth and it works fine. If that helps.
Old Jun 18th, 2019, 18:24   #3
Dingle232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx2000 View Post
I use folder player Pro app on my android device via Bluetooth and it works fine. If that helps.
Thank you but no luck I am afraid - I tried that today and it only allows me to skip forward/back and pause/play with the current selection. There's no option to move 'up' a level to Artist, Genre etc and there's no album art displayed.

Anyone else any thoughts as it's pretty frustrating.
Old Jun 18th, 2019, 22:10   #4
Dingle232

Managed to get the 'Media' toggle switch in the phone's BT settings to stay on this evening but made no difference to the degree of control over media that I can have on the car's head unit. Can't figure it out at all.
Old Jun 19th, 2019, 12:46   #5
jbaynham

I've not seen that level of control using Android over BT on any car I have ever owned. I always have it on random play, which suits me anyway. Sensus is a step up over VAG as at least I can navigate within track. I do get some album art though, using BlackPlayer.
jbaynham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2019, 13:07   #6
Dingle232

You may have a fair point as I am pretty new to Android having only recently switched from being a long term iPhone user. I tried it with my other half's iPhone this morning and I have to say the difference is stark - full folder control and ability to navigate via artist etc - Android is woeful in comparison.

I do have Android Auto installed which does provide some better functionality but the voice commands for music are a tad hit and miss. Again, compared it to Apple Car Play which for ease of use is light years ahead.
Old Jun 19th, 2019, 14:55   #7
WhatNext?

I use Google Play Music and I have full control over Bluetooth
Old Jun 19th, 2019, 14:57   #8
Dingle232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloke69 View Post
I use Google Play Music and I have full control over Bluetooth
Thanks - this is now pretty baffling because I do not. And I don't know why.