Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New XC90 first impressions / issues

Views : 7262

Replies : 41

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 23rd, 2015, 16:32   #21
reggie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Sberglager View Post
I think the 1st gen XC90 ended up somewhere in-between the Japanese/Korean options and the German/LR Disco options. The SPA version is definitively in the German/LR camp now.

Yes, the Disco Sport is a good looking car from the outside, although the XC90 wins the looks contest for me, it's just a pity LR forgot about the interior (unless they wanted a retro theme?) and the engine.
Sorry, i meant the range rover sport. Getting confused with all these versions. The discovery is much cheaper and smaller i think. But somehow , i suspect the skoda. 7 seater 4x4 will be a natural successor for our xc90 as the range rover is too expensive

Last edited by reggie59; Sep 23rd, 2015 at 16:34.
reggie59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2015, 16:33   #22
Kev78

Quote:
I think the 1st gen XC90 ended up somewhere in-between the Japanese/Korean options and the German/LR Disco options. The SPA version is definitively in the German/LR camp now.

Yes, the Disco Sport is a good looking car from the outside, although the XC90 wins the looks contest for me, it's just a pity LR forgot about the interior (unless they wanted a retro theme?) and the engine.
Looks great and has a lovely interior. Shame about the hatchback engines and cars with no air suspension spec'd (hatchback suspension)

The new XC90 is all show and no go.

I predict big discounts in the near future.

I wouldn't buy a 2lt D5 when I could get a 3.0litre 6 cylinder from BMW, merc or Audi for the same price.

Volvo are bringing their costs down with the new engines and platform...but putting prices up.
Kev78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2015, 16:37   #23
Kev78

Quote:

I think it still is somewhere between the jap/Korean options and the German ones.

Looks great and has a lovely interior. Shame about the hatchback engines and non air suspension (hatchback suspension)

I wouldn't buy a 2lt D5 when I could get a 3.0litre 6 cylinder from BMW, merc or Audi for the same price.

Volvo are bringing their costs down with the new engines and platform...but putting prices up.
Kev78 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kev78 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 22nd, 2015, 10:27   #24
Carl Sberglager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev78 View Post
I think it still is somewhere between the jap/Korean options and the German ones.

Looks great and has a lovely interior. Shame about the hatchback engines and non air suspension (hatchback suspension)

You might get a bigger engine for the same price, if that's want you want, but spec up an X5 or Q7 to the same level as the XC90 and the Germans come out a good £10-£15k more.
Old Oct 22nd, 2015, 11:14   #25
wisc

Talking

I eventually decided on a transit van as it was smaller than the XC90 & much easier to park.......
wisc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wisc For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 22nd, 2015, 22:20   #26
Rooster
Speed freak

Quote:

I take it you won't be buying one then
07 CB600 Hornet --- 2 wheel fun
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2015, 09:20   #27
Dutchbird

For an up to date review written by XC90 owners please have a look at Volvo's own XC90 website and see what actual owners think about their car.

Volvo XC90 reevoo reviews

Makes interesting reading but not for Volvo.
Dutchbird is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dutchbird For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 23rd, 2015, 13:02   #28
AB-UK
Premier Member

Just read the Reevoo reviews for the new XC90.
Maybe Volvo will have sorted out the new car problems in a couple of years, so the first facelift or revised model might be the one to go for.

The SatNav problems persist it seems. I have unfortunately had the Volvo CrapNav system in my last two XC90s, and despite my complaints to Volvo over the years it seems it is still crap.

Decent systems will always tell you which road you are about to enter eg. "at the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto A614" for example. Much cheaper systems, and even free apps, have this feature, but not Volvo!
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AB-UK For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 23rd, 2015, 21:39   #29
scvolvo
Premier Member

I recently drove the new xc90's whilst in Gothenburg in d5r and t6 guise, both being highly spec'd.

I like the look of the cars and definitely well optioned and comfy and for test cars everything seemed to work without issues, so build quality looked to be there and they had had a hard time being chucked around the test track, gearboxes seemed smooth and the drive was nice, however I did find the d5 quite under power and the t6 was sufficient.

I did drive a d5 polestar mapped late previous model around the same track and it was perfectly acceptable to drive and it does make you think about the price disparity and how the old xc90s are quite a good buy for the money, not that I'd be able to afford the new version.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1542415576082157/
https://m.facebook.com/swedishevents/
scvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2015, 01:57   #30
Brodick
Master Member

Quote:

So you have driven all the versions then? How long for?
Brodick is offline   Reply With Quote