Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

17" arcadia alloys with nearly new tyres

Views : 2957

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 8th, 2011, 16:49   #1
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Default 17" arcadia alloys with nearly new tyres

As title looking to sell a set of 4 17" arcadia alloys fitted with Kumho Ecsta Sport tyres (not el cheapo one) the tyres have only covered about 2k so have lots of tread left. Now the issue is I brought the alloys last week and the previous owner had them fitted on a 2003 reg V40 with no problems at all, I fitted them to my 2002 V40 T4 and had a problem with a little rubbing in the front arches on full lock ( I must stress only on full lock and only a little rubbing) this could quite easily be sorted by with adjusting the inner arch liner a little bit, or fitting some 5mm spacers, the back are catching on the inner arch somewhere over speed bumps, I spoke to the previous owner of the wheels and he said he had no rubbing issue at all so I can only assume that maybe he had the comfort suspension, and my T4 has the sport suspension, the tyres are 235/45 R17 which are probably a bit to wide. Ideally I would get some new tryes for the back and spacers on the front, but I simply don't have any where to store the wheels in the meantime (5th floor flat) and with the cost of the wheels I can't afford the tyres till next month, and the girfriend is not happy with the wheel sitting in the spare room for a month. I am looking for £230 for the wheels & tyres and can sort postage out for £30, the wheel all having kurbing but nothing to bad, just what you'd expect heres some pictures

scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 23:09   #2
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

No longer available happily the chap I brought them off has offered me a refund so going to accept the refund :-)
Old Apr 24th, 2011, 19:12   #3
DEATH

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysn7x View Post
As title looking to sell a set of 4 17" arcadia alloys fitted with Kumho Ecsta Sport tyres (not el cheapo one) the tyres have only covered about 2k so have lots of tread left. Now the issue is I brought the alloys last week and the previous owner had them fitted on a 2003 reg V40 with no problems at all, I fitted them to my 2002 V40 T4 and had a problem with a little rubbing in the front arches on full lock ( I must stress only on full lock and only a little rubbing) this could quite easily be sorted by with adjusting the inner arch liner a little bit, or fitting some 5mm spacers, the back are catching on the inner arch somewhere over speed bumps, I spoke to the previous owner of the wheels and he said he had no rubbing issue at all so I can only assume that maybe he had the comfort suspension, and my T4 has the sport suspension, the tyres are 235/45 R17 which are probably a bit to wide. Ideally I would get some new tryes for the back and spacers on the front, but I simply don't have any where to store the wheels in the meantime (5th floor flat) and with the cost of the wheels I can't afford the tyres till next month, and the girfriend is not happy with the wheel sitting in the spare room for a month. I am looking for £230 for the wheels & tyres and can sort postage out for £30, the wheel all having kurbing but nothing to bad, just what you'd expect heres some pictures

hi, how much for only rims?
DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2011, 19:37   #4
Clan
Experienced Member

The reason the tyres are rubbing is that the tyres are 2 sizes too big! should be 215 45 17 ... Also cars which are fitted with these at the factory have the forward edge of the rear wheel arch lip rolled over a bit to clear ...
Old Apr 24th, 2011, 22:02   #5
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

No longer available happily the chap I brought them off has offered me a refund so going to accept the refund
Old Apr 24th, 2011, 22:07   #6
Dog_Book
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysn7x View Post
No longer available happily the chap I brought them off has offered me a refund so going to accept the refund
Ye you said that on the 9th to :P

Busy pestering the poor sods here now
Dog_Book is offline   Reply With Quote