Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Duett for sale

Views : 328

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 10th, 2019, 20:29   #1
toad_overload

Default Duett for sale

I'm not the seller but saw this on facebook. I really want a Duett but need to get my Amazon sorted first and this is a whole new expanse of rust! Engine may be of interest.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/8834...19029634808884

Text from the ad:

Seller's Description

FOR SALE

1958 Volvo PV445 Duett

£5,500

Lets start with the good bit.

This car is fitted with a very rare Rob Gordon Race-Rally engine.

Rob owns a company called Vol-Tech in Portland, Oregon and with his dad had a highly successful career racing classic Volvo's over a 35 year period and he devloped his own engines.

Only around 300 of these engines were built the last one being over a year ago and that cost around $7,000 and would cost more today.

Engine spec.

B20 block.

Lightened and balanced crank.

Oversize competion pistons.

Fast road cam.

Polished and ported head.

Competion valve springs.

1-3/4'' SU carbs.

4 branch racing exhaust.

Plus other work.

Engine turns freely and I was told ran great before it went into storage around two & half years ago, carbs were stripped for rebuild but never done all the parts are there.

I believe some had lightened flywheels but not sure if this one has not had the chance to look.

Basically bought it up to B21 spec with a bit more grunt.

I was told this one is mated up to a T5 gearbox but not had the time to check it out, you can see in the photo's the transmission tunnel has been modified to take another gear box.

Now for the rest of the car.

Has a fair bit of rust but worth saving, chassis good, floor pans fairly good will need repairs, passenger door will need fair bit of work or replace the door, other bits of rust all around the body worst bit on the edge of the roof above side window but a good used repair section is included, not for the faint hearted but can all be done still a lot of good metal there, it is a full restoration project.

To my way of thinking this engine is in the wrong car, should be in a classic race-rally 444/544 saloon or Amazon, ideal period engine.

Strongly advise veiwing this car due to the rust.

Before anyone asks no I am not going to break it, selling complete.

Last edited by toad_overload; Sep 10th, 2019 at 20:49. Reason: Incorrect thread title
toad_overload is offline   Reply With Quote