Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New Performance Exhaust - on a diesel..

Views : 4178

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 11th, 2010, 12:06   #1
Ibge

Default New Performance Exhaust - on a diesel..

Hi,

I couldn't find any threads discussing exhaust options so thought i would share my recent findings.

Kwik fit confirmed my exhaust was gone and needed replacing and kindly offered a replacment for £457 !

I have been wanting to get a stainless steel exhaust for my Jag for sometime but couldn't justify so decided to see if it was an option for the XC90...

It seems it is and i am booked next week to get a bespoke stainless steel exhaust built and fitted for £295.

I have never seen or can find a D5 XC90 with performance exhaust so will be interested to see what its going to sound like and look like. Just have to pick what type of pipes will look best!

Cheers
Ian
Ibge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2010, 12:28   #2
autokool
Mat

Hi Ian

Im also in the market for a system for my D5 S40.

Let us know how you get on because at that price you have found a bit of a bargain!

www.autokool.co.uk
autokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2010, 12:38   #3
AB-UK
Premier Member

Ibge,
What exotic metal is the original system made of?
Could you explain why there is such a price difference please?
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2010, 13:01   #4
Ibge

Price difference is because Kwik fit have to quote for a genuine volvo part.

Volvo exhaust is made of normal cheap metal guaranteed for 1 year and like mine won't last.

Stainless steel one is made with high grade material and guaranteed for life.

I would like to buy plenty of extra parts for my volvo but the cost of parts so outrageous.
I would like to buy side steps (£400+), rear scuff plate (£150) , chrome strip on boot (£100) etc that are all just not worth the prices they charge.

Will post pics anyway and let you know how it goes
Ian
Old Nov 11th, 2010, 14:21   #5
bobdabuilda
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibge View Post
Hi,

I couldn't find any threads discussing exhaust options so thought i would share my recent findings.

Kwik fit confirmed my exhaust was gone and needed replacing and kindly offered a replacment for £457 !

I have been wanting to get a stainless steel exhaust for my Jag for sometime but couldn't justify so decided to see if it was an option for the XC90...

It seems it is and i am booked next week to get a bespoke stainless steel exhaust built and fitted for £295.

I have never seen or can find a D5 XC90 with performance exhaust so will be interested to see what its going to sound like and look like. Just have to pick what type of pipes will look best!

Cheers
Ian
Wow that IS cheap. What is the name of the co?
bobdabuilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2010, 15:07   #6
Ibge

its www.mijperformance.com/

i have read only good reports of them and i couldn't find anyone come close to them on the price.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibge For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 11th, 2010, 17:20   #7
AB-UK
Premier Member

Ibje,

"Price difference is because Kwik fit have to quote for a genuine volvo part."

I thought that might be the case, but even so it seems a remarkably reasonable price for the stainless steel alternative - a "no-brainer" really.

Please update with your experience with it.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2010, 21:15   #8
Beavis
Premier Member

wow, i'm more gobsmacked that the exhaust has gone already. my last 2 volvos were 13 years and 9 years respectively when i sold them after 3-4 years ownership, and from what i could tell, they were on the original exhaust.
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2010, 21:27   #9
don kalmar union
Trader

Default MTE stainless exhaust for XC90.

I do keep the Swedish made Ferrita stainless cat back exhaust in stock here in the UK.

You can find it and order here: http://kalmar-union.com/parts/volvo-xc90-exhausts/

Regards, Don.

MTE performance software , TME and Ferrita stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2010, 02:42   #10
rowleyd3

My Merc Cab needed a new exhaust and I had a bespoke stainless steel one fitted as Merc wanted £1078 !!!!!. I stressed that I didn't want anything noisy and picked the parts that the guy said were the quietest. Before I left I said "I'm not interested in performance or sound - I want the quietest". You guessed it, I got it back and it sounded like a bleedin' Saxo in McDonald car park !!!!!

Faced with listening to that or spending another £1K on a genuine Merc one, I took it as a sign to swap my car (to a 911 Cab for a year - then to an XC90 - hence being on this forum)

I'd still have that Merc if I'd have spent the £1K .....

Make sure you don't fall into the same trap.

Darren.
rowleyd3 is offline   Reply With Quote