Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

SRS Warning Message

Views : 361

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 16th, 2021, 19:42   #1
The Phoenix

Default SRS Warning Message

Evening folks.

I mistakenly took the wrong fuse out for something earlier today and it's thrown up a SRS Airbag warning light on the display on my 2003 V70 D5 SE.

Can this be cleared with disconnecting the battery trick or is it a VIDA,DICE job?

I've got RAC cover so I could maybe call them and say I'm not driving it as this light has came on???

TIA
Scotty
The Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2021, 20:33   #2
oragex
Premier Member

Any decent scanner will do - just not the cheaper ones. A garage should be able to clear it in under 5 minutes. Were you testing for a current drain ? Which fuse caused the message ?
Old Jan 16th, 2021, 20:35   #3
The Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by oragex View Post
Any decent scanner will do - just not the cheaper ones. A garage should be able to clear it in under 5 minutes. Were you testing for a current drain ? Which fuse caused the message ?
I was changing the interior lights bulbs to led and it was fuse 32 that I took out thinking it had blown as the lights didn't come on but they did after closing the car etc.

Any links to a decent scanner then please?
Old Jan 16th, 2021, 20:56   #4
The Phoenix

Quote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iCarsoft-...Cclp%3A2334524
Old Jan 16th, 2021, 21:28   #5
oragex
Premier Member

It is a fairly expensive unit - and surely overkill if looking only for an SRS reset or other small occasional uses. It appears you will have the option for one download of a fixed number of car brands to be used on, if I understand well, when you get the scanner you will have to check several car brands and download the software for them. From their listing, this appears to be a one time download. The limitation is, if in the future you are going to buy a car that is not on that list, you won't be able to use the scanner. Otherwise, it does appear to do a few things for diesel engines, such as DPF, but I didn't see scanning diesel injectors and other diesel specific components. I also didn't see automatic transmission adaptations reset which for the price should have been included - but it might be included, they might just didn't mention it in the listing. All in all it's a fairly complete scanner but with limitations on the car brands that it can service

I went with a Foxwell scanner, however the model I have is limited to one car brand (that would be Volvo for me). I may suggest having a look at this model NT680 Lite, it's less expensive and does most of the car makes and models on the market, however I doesn't appear to work for diesel components and doesn't do transmission adaptations. Also, they ship from China and there are import fees - they mark a lower value but there are still fees. While these can be order off Ebay, Foxwell also sells them directly from their site and the price in USD appear to be better - but again there are import fees https://www.foxwelltool.com/wholesal...-function.html

Last edited by oragex; Jan 16th, 2021 at 21:38.
oragex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2021, 21:37   #6
The Phoenix

Quote:
It is a fairly expensive unit - and surely overkill if looking only for an SRS reset or other small occasional uses. It appears you will have the option for one download of a fixed number of car brands to be used on, if I understand well, when you get the scanner you will have to check several car brands and download the software for them. From their listing, this appears to be a one time download. The limitation is, if in the future you are going to buy a car that is not on that list, you won't be able to use the scanner. Otherwise, it does appear to do a few things for diesel engines, such as DPF, but I didn't see scanning diesel injectors and other diesel specific components. I also didn't see automatic transmission adaptations reset which for the price should have been included - but it might be included, they might just didn't mention it in the listing. All in all it's a fairly complete scanner but with limitations on the car brands that it can service

I went with a Foxwell scanner, however the model I have is limited to one car brand (that would be Volvo for me). I may suggest having a look at this model NT680 Lite, it's less expensive and does most of the car makes and models on the market, however I doesn't appear to work for diesel components and doesn't do transmission adaptations. Also, they ship from China and there are import fees - they mark a lower value but there are still fees https://www.foxwelltool.com/wholesal...-function.html
Thanks I'll have a wee look at this too. Very much appreciated.

Scotty
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 01:16   #7
paddy74

Just to bring in another perspective

I'd always go with a brand specific adapter and software, in this case VIDA (software) and a DICE/VCX Nano. Why? It's under GBP 100.- and gives you the full package. For this money it doesn't make sense to invest more for generic readers. That may be different for other cars and makes, but 100 bucks... There were times, when I paid more for a full tank of gas.

There are users here in this forum, that sell the readers as well as packages with reader and laptop/tablet.

Even if you just use it with this car, you don't loose a lot, if you don't need or use it very often. And you can always sell it (prices are very stable) or give it along with the car as a "gift".

But that's me, I know Volvo is my car brand, and I will stay with it.
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 12:17   #8
The Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy74 View Post
Just to bring in another perspective

I'd always go with a brand specific adapter and software, in this case VIDA (software) and a DICE/VCX Nano. Why? It's under GBP 100.- and gives you the full package. For this money it doesn't make sense to invest more for generic readers. That may be different for other cars and makes, but 100 bucks... There were times, when I paid more for a full tank of gas.

There are users here in this forum, that sell the readers as well as packages with reader and laptop/tablet.

Even if you just use it with this car, you don't loose a lot, if you don't need or use it very often. And you can always sell it (prices are very stable) or give it along with the car as a "gift".

But that's me, I know Volvo is my car brand, and I will stay with it.
Thanks, do you know who sells these items please?
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 14:06   #9
paddy74

Sure, just take a look into "Cheshired5"s thread, all questions will be answered and you can see, that he's a well known member and his devices are tested and known for working well.
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=253191

And he does a lot for all of us, his diy videos are great to work with, take a look here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/sirobb/videos

The Following User Says Thank You to paddy74 For This Useful Post: