Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C30 R Design Sport

Views : 5367

Replies : 45

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 21:43   #1
SteveC30R

Thumbs down C30 R Design Sport

I have just bought a C30 R Design Sport - does anyone else think that....the seat belts are a bad design...always snagging...the engine is underpowered, the seats are hard to move back and forth, the accelorator peddle requires Maurius Pudzanovsky to operate it....and tha facrt that it came without a jack and wheelbrace is pathetic....also the disks are rusting after 2000 miles....I am not impressed at all.

SteveC30R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 21:51   #2
4wheeldriver
Master Member

The seatbelts in my Mums my07 se sport do exactly the same. Wouldnt call hers under powered like with the 2 litre diesel in it though. Mind you though I think your problems are just indicative of Volvo's build quality these days!!!
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 23:31   #3
Volvo-in-my-blood
V70 D5 SE

I'm curious, did you try the car before you bought it? Surely the problems you're experiencing (excepting the discs/jack/wheelbrace) not have come to light in testing.
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 08:51   #4
Mark Hygate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC30R View Post
I have just bought a C30 R Design Sport - does anyone else think that....the seat belts are a bad design...always snagging...the engine is underpowered, the seats are hard to move back and forth, the accelorator peddle requires Maurius Pudzanovsky to operate it....and tha facrt that it came without a jack and wheelbrace is pathetic....also the disks are rusting after 2000 miles....I am not impressed at all.
Steve,

On my fifth week with mine - same as yours with the 2.0d engine. Can you give any detail?
  • How does it appear underpowered?
  • Seats appear fine to me - but do you mean the lift and move in order to get in the back?
  • Not sure who 'Maurius' is, but the accelerator pedal seems completely normal and responsive - is yours sticking in some way?
  • What's up with having a jack and wheelbrace? How else are you supposed to change a wheel in the middle of nowhere?
  • Finally - the discs are definitely visible with most of the wheel choices, but are normal high strength steel. As soon as the factory film has eroded you are scraping metal together every time you brake and iron rusts at the drop of a hat - especially with all the salt on the roads over the last month and even more if you live near the sea? Is it that you think this spoils the 'look'?
Mark Hygate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 09:27   #5
Blue 8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hygate View Post
Steve,

[*]What's up with having a jack and wheelbrace? How else are you supposed to change a wheel in the middle of nowhere?

Err i think your find he said he hasn't got either, that's his complainant, not that he has lol

Ruby-red pearl 854 GLT 2.5 20v 62k.....Andy
Blue 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 13:19   #6
Mark Hygate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue 8 View Post
Err i think your find he said he hasn't got either, that's his complainant, not that he has lol
Indeed you're right, my apologies.

I did spot it, but it wouldn't allow me to change it. (Edit just sits and swivels)

I assume this therefore has a puncture repair kit? If not then surely the missing items can be obtained from the dealer?
Mark Hygate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 16:35   #7
Harvey1512
Premier Member

I Googled "Marius Pudzianowski" and apparently he is the winner of World's Strongest Man. He looks a big beastie anyway. I am not sure he would manage to fit in a C30 never mind press the peddles.

Some of the comments made, seat not moving smoothly, stiff peddles, should presumably be looked at by the dealer, possibly even the power issue if it feels different to the way the test car felt (you DID test drive the 2.0D?). It would be lovely if all cars came off a line perfectly but that is not realistic. You do expect a dealer to do the appropriate checks though so take it up with them.

Does the C30 come with an aerosol that you spray foam into the tyre with? If so then that is why there is no jack. No spare tyre no jack required. I had a Seat previously and they worked with that system as well. Of course if it does come with a spare then a jack should be supplied.
Harvey1512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 00:03   #8
kirium

Hi, Defo sounds if you have a few issues there !

All the pedals in my v50 are very light indeed, the seats also move easily - when i ordered mine you only got the jack & brace if you specify the spare wheel option (foc), car comes normally with the aerosol thing.
kirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 17:06   #9
bryand
C30 devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC30R View Post

1) Seat belts are fitted by grabbing them low down, not over your shoulder. There's a hook on the seat to keep them within reach. What is bad is the way the buckle marrs the plastic on the door pillar when it retracts.
2) Never driven a 1.6 petrol, but it's a heavy car for a 1.6 to lug around.
3) Seats and accelerator pedal sound like they need lubricating - take it back to your dealer.
4) You presumably have the compressor instead of a spare wheel. So has mine and I had to buy the jack and wheelbrace. Penny-pinching at its worst.
5) If your discs didn't rust, they wouldn't be the right quality of metal to stop the car. Goes with the territory.
bryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 20:26   #10
Harvey1512
Premier Member

Just a thought, why do you need a jack if you don't have a spare wheel? You lift the car up and then what?

Presumably you guys are buying tyres and fitting them yourselves? Is that really cheaper? Genuine question, I am not being sarcastic.
Harvey1512 is offline   Reply With Quote