Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C30 R Design Sport

Views : 5344

Replies : 45

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 21st, 2009, 14:45   #21
Flanaia1

I agree totally with the dealer situation, when I was looking for my Volvo the salesmen in my region could not even answer basic questions and there is a bit of competition as there are 2 different Volvo Dealers. I eventually bought mine from Johnsons of Gloucester and I live in South Yorkshire so they are 155 miles away, but I got an unbelieveable deal and I have never had dealer service like it, I also have a Merc and have had BMW, Jags, Lexus but never have I been treated so good at a dealer than I was at Johnsons. So much so it will be going back there for servicing I'll just tie it in with a business trip to the South West and they have said I can have a courtesy car for as long as I want, so drop my car off on the way to Devon and Cornwall pick it up on the way back, perfect.

Johnsons are a credit to the Volvo dealer network (and no I don't work for them) and highly recommended
Old Mar 22nd, 2009, 19:33   #22
badradar

I appreciate the spare wheel missing comments but it makes a great extra boot area if you take the foam out - good to put a spare fuel can to extend the range...!! (On a V50 that is...)
badradar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 22:47   #23
SteveC30R

Default Yes...same dealer in both NE locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey1512 View Post
SteveC30R - I am stuck with the same dealer network as you in the NE. There are threads on this but I am going to get my S40 serviced at a local Ford dealer, £145 compared to £290. All valid and correct for your warranty. No specific reason why Ford other than it is close to me but as there are similarities between the Focus and the Volvo it does make some sense.

There are also threads on here about how to reset the service light so that again is just a con job from the dealer. The dealer is talking b#?*&! and I like you will not be using them. The problem in the NE is that one dealer has the only garages in the region and there is no competition to force them to improve.
The problem lies with Volvo Uk Customer Service, because when the problems with the stereo have been reported for instance, I received a letter informing me that some cars were affected and some were not - this statement does not make sense as the cars that are affected should be re booted with the info that the cars have that are't affected...simple you might think but oh no....not to Volvo they tell me that no software upgrade is available yet....well how can some cars be ok and some not then? The answer...some have faulty parts..maybe.

Also on occasions the car has to be turned over for a longer period than normal...bring it in for an upgrade the dealer told me....the car is BRAND NEW....what upgrade does it chuffin need already??????

The dealer had the car for a day and a half....did an upgrade......I could have re booted half of Tyneside in a day and a half.....I reckon they are talking crap....any car that requires an upgrde after a few months should not have left the factory.

Volvo UK customer services is pathetic.....on several occasions I have been told they would ring me back...they have not....I again e mailed Sweden....time is running out for Volvo.....I will not tollerate incuring charges in time, fuel etc to have a new car repaired with "Updates".....the bill will be landing on Volvo UK's door...trust me.
SteveC30R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveC30R For This Useful Post:
Old May 17th, 2009, 21:21   #24
SteveC30R

Default Volvo C30R Design Sport Update

I have spoken to Volvo Uk customere service now on several occasions...laughable.

Had the car in yet again...update done for stereo & engine although this took 2 trips at my expense, not a peep of an appology from the dealer. Also had the car in to have the back wheel brayed off the hub...stuck faster that a bulldog on a gadgies leg!

The dealer has painted all the hubs with a silver grease of some sort because I have had the wheels off to check.

I put in a reasonable request for money that has been outlaid to be refunded to me as I know that the car was delivered with "Manufacturing" faults.

So far Volvo UK have not refunded my hard earned cash...time is running out before they receive a claim through the county court.

Also - when I mentioned this forum and several others like it....that I have placed my personal views on, I was met with the response of...but its not a legitimate Volvo site....so come on you clowns at Volvo Uk...show me a site or forum that you have and I will put my comments on there....

Time...Volvo UK...take note is running out....

I will keep this site and others updated with the goings on as they happen.

My advice is:- Don't buy a Volvo
SteveC30R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveC30R For This Useful Post:
Old May 18th, 2009, 00:27   #25
4wheeldriver
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC30R View Post
I have spoken to Volvo Uk customere service now on several occasions...laughable.

My advice is:- Don't buy a Volvo
My sentiments there exactly!!! You get my FULL sympathys there. After my FOURTH visit in ELEVEN days I asked for recompense and got a "goodwill" payment (which im still waiting for by the way) of 100 quid. All this on a "new" xc90 which I bought last October.

Total visits to local dealer now WELL in the double figures!!!!!

P.S. I read this thread as we've a C30 se sport in the family too.
Old May 18th, 2009, 01:48   #26
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

It's the same old story...it's not the faults that are the problem (as such), it's how they're dealt with (or not)...

I'm curious about the rusty brake disc comment. Under what circumstances do they go rusty, and what form does the rust take? A little surface rust will be present on the brake discs of any car which is left outside in damp conditions (after being washed, wet weather, etc) for a day or so without being driven. It should soon scrub off when the car is driven. If it's more serious than that, that's a different matter...

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 10:05   #27
Harvey1512
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC30R View Post

Also - when I mentioned this forum and several others like it....that I have placed my personal views on, I was met with the response of...but its not a legitimate Volvo site....so come on you clowns at Volvo Uk...show me a site or forum that you have and I will put my comments on there....
I have a Garmin satnav and on occasions follow the main forum for them. Not only do Garmin themselves follow the site but every so often they have meetings with the administrators. At those meetings they discuss common problems, suggested improvements and in return they update the forum on reasons behind decisions, possible future models etc. THAT is what a decent company does. Forums are a great method of companies learning about their own products without spending money on market research.

Volvo are not alone in their pretend ignorance of forums, plenty of others do it. However it does them no credit whatsoever and any business that regularly ignores the views of its customers will suffer. That is plain business sense.

A colleague of mine has a Skoda Octavia VRS, wonderful car by the way. He told the mechanics at his Skoda dealer about the main Skoda forum and they now use it regularly to learn about common faults and repairs that are happening to Skoda's. Every car will have a common weakness and forums are where they are highlighted. The answer to these faults are also usually found on them. By doing this the garage is now able to respond better and quicker than before when a customer comes in with a problem. It isn't rocket science but it is bad business and sheer stupidity to ignore it.

Rant over.
Harvey1512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 16:03   #28
4wheeldriver
Master Member

VCUk or some body connected with it DOES read the forum as on a couple of occassions there has been comments and quotes of things ive said in my faulty Volvo thread. They just dont do anything about it though.

Even with the amount of post in the xc90 forum they still deny that anyone other than myself has reported the hesitation fault. No for a FACT that isnt true!!
Old May 18th, 2009, 16:22   #29
Harvey1512
Premier Member

4wheeldriver - There have been huge threads on here about the quality of the headlights and the consistent low setting that Volvo send their cars out with but my dealer, and many others, still deny the problem. My lights were practically pointing into the ground and the dealer stated they have never come across it before. I simply don't believe them, there are too many occurrences of this as an issue for it to be the case. Dealers do not do themselves any favours with this type of attitude. Very silly.
Harvey1512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 17:32   #30
mjcourtney
VOC Member

The lights were an issue on my S40 too, however I didn't think to complain to Volvo. I've just adjusted the level and replaced the standard bulbs with brighter ones. I wonder how many other people have done the same, because if so, Volvo probably don't know quite how many people feel the dipped beam is pathetic and unsafe. Guess we could all complain!
mjcourtney is offline   Reply With Quote