Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90: How often do you check your tyre pressures?

Views : 2394

Replies : 30

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 25th, 2017, 13:54   #21
bokabil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmot View Post
weather getting colder now too so pressures will need adjusting for sure.
Exactly! on a perfect tire that doesn't leak, only the temperature will affect pressure (Ideal Gas Law). So I tend to adjust more often in spring and fall.
Old Oct 27th, 2017, 13:05   #22
KNVXC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNVXC90 View Post
Not yet...will check the car again at lunch time. Thanks.
Ended up checking the car after a day and half, as I didn't need to drive it after adjusting the tyre pressures.

Yes, that 10 minute drive was enough and the calibration appears to be complete.
MY17 XC90 D5 PP P* Inscription, MagicBlue, Amber VentilatedMassage Seats, Birch, Homelink, Winter+HUD, Xenium, 7SeatComfort, Air, 20", Laminated&Tinted, AuxHeater, BLIS, AndroidAuto, B&W, RunningBoards
MY21 Kia e-Niro 4+
Prev: MY02 Mazda 6 TS2
KNVXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2017, 10:23   #23
Roosterb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Did you actually check that the tyre pressures were correct rather than just do a reset?
All tyres at same pressure but indicator showed issue was same rear tyre twice. 3 weeks later no change in pressure. Maybe just a gremlin that week.
Roosterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2017, 12:37   #24
Jcbrown

Checked tyres this morning (mine and wife's car). All pretty good, most I had to put in was a couple of psi.

Then I thought: "This is the 1st time in a few years I have had a spare rather than gloop. I've never actually checked that, let me check it now.".

Out comes boot floor, unscrew retainer, lift out tools holder, take out tyre. Printed in big, friendly letters it says "Inflate to 60PSI". Pressure gauge shows it actually has 41PSI in it - so only about 2/3 of what it should be!

Pump it back up-to 60PSI, replace by doing the above in the reverse order. Then realise I've still got the dust-cap in my pocket, so back through the whole routine again

Having never checked it, I don't know if it was delivered like that or it is just natural leakage. but will check it a little more often now I think
Old Nov 12th, 2017, 14:28   #25
AB-UK
Premier Member

So long as you also carry a tyre inflator is doesn't matter too much. You can always pump it up once the spare's in place.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2017, 18:01   #26
volvocamper
Master Member

Has the TPMS system changed since the XC90 was first introduced to now? Is it possible to see te actual pressure is each tyre on the screen somewhere on the latest model?
volvocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2017, 18:15   #27
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvocamper View Post
Has the TPMS system changed since the XC90 was first introduced to now? Is it possible to see te actual pressure is each tyre on the screen somewhere on the latest model?
The system has changed and there in no way of seeing the actual pressures, just the green inducators if ok or orange (I think) if pressure drops.
There are no tpms valves any more the system is calibrated after you put required pressure in the tyres and drive for a few miles,. It does not know the pressure only the rolling distance, which will alter if tyre pressure drops.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 18th, 2017, 19:31   #28
gaby
Premier Member

Indeed, orange if pressure is low, grey if system is unavailable.
I believe that MY2016 had "real" TPMS, and since MY2017 "fake" iTPMS
Old Nov 19th, 2017, 21:16   #29
Soltan

Thanks for the reminder folks, checked my tire pressures and they were all below 30psi. Wondered if that might have been why I was using so much fuel lately but suspect it's more to do with the heated seats/steering wheel heating etc.
MY17 XC90 T8 Inscription, Magic Blue, Xenium Pack, Winter Pack with HUD, Towbar, Power Front Cushion Extensions, Massaging Front Seats,Power Folding 2nd Row Headrests, Tinted Windows, Laminated Side Glass, Amber Leather, Linear Walnut Inlays
Soltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2017, 21:38   #30
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soltan View Post
Thanks for the reminder folks, checked my tire pressures and they were all below 30psi. Wondered if that might have been why I was using so much fuel lately but suspect it's more to do with the heated seats/steering wheel heating etc.
The front and rear screen and mirror heaters together with the heated seats and steering wheel do indeed sap a lot of energy, a little 2 ltr engine has to work a lot harder to drive the generator pulling all that power. As well as cold starts and longer warm up periods. Low tyre pressures wont help eigher.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote