Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90: Anyone purchased extended warranty from Volvo?

Views : 1718

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 26th, 2017, 13:02   #1
KNVXC90

Default XC90: Anyone purchased extended warranty from Volvo?

Anyone purchased extended warranty for the SPA XC90? What options are available in terms of years/mileage? And what's the cost involved?

I'd asked a sales guy at my dealership, but he suggested that I speak to Volvo UK. Emailed Volvo UK and they asked me to speak to the dealer!!
MY17 XC90 D5 PP P* Inscription, MagicBlue, Amber VentilatedMassage Seats, Birch, Homelink, Winter+HUD, Xenium, 7SeatComfort, Air, 20", Laminated&Tinted, AuxHeater, BLIS, AndroidAuto, B&W, RunningBoards
MY21 Kia e-Niro 4+
Prev: MY02 Mazda 6 TS2
KNVXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2017, 13:54   #2
Roosterb

No but definitely will when the day comes. This thing is too unreliable not to have a warranty.
Please post what you find.
Roosterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2017, 15:17   #3
Lexman8
Premier Member

I couldn't get a straight answer to the question. I'm not sure that options/prices have been fixed yet for an official Volvo extended warranty.

It's another year or so until the first of the new XC90s come out of their 3-year warranty. Perhaps they're still assessing future repair costs based upon warranty claims so far. Whatever the outcome, I reckon it'll be a very expensive option.
Old Oct 26th, 2017, 15:26   #4
KNVXC90

Looking at Swedespeed, it seems like they have some packages available in the States. Its not clear what's available here. Waiting to hear from dealer. Will update this thread when I have some news.
MY17 XC90 D5 PP P* Inscription, MagicBlue, Amber VentilatedMassage Seats, Birch, Homelink, Winter+HUD, Xenium, 7SeatComfort, Air, 20", Laminated&Tinted, AuxHeater, BLIS, AndroidAuto, B&W, RunningBoards
MY21 Kia e-Niro 4+
Old Oct 26th, 2017, 15:42   #5
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Taken from https://www.volvocars.com/uk/own/mai...ended-warranty

Volvo can offer the option to extend the period and mileage limit of the standard 3 year/60,000 mile warranty. This enables customers, who intend keeping their Volvo beyond the manufacturer warranty period, to enjoy a similar level of protection for an extended period.

Main Features and Benefits
Cover option 1 - Extends your current 3 year/60,000 mile manufacturer warranty to 4 year/60,000 miles, whichever comes sooner.
Cover option 2 - Extends your current 3 year/60,000 mile manufacturer warranty to 4 year/80,000 miles, whichever comes sooner.

All cover options include the following features:
All major mechanical and electrical parts cover – we list parts that are not covered, you are covered for everything else.
Full parts and labour cover – we pay the full costs of genuine Volvo parts and labour time required to fit them.
Claim limit is unlimited – the only limit to the amount you can claim is the price you paid for the vehicle.
Available at any time up till 3 years/60,000 miles – if you choose not to buy at time of purchase of new vehicle, you can purchase later but prices may vary.

All cover options include the following additional benefits:
Recovery charges – covers costs attached to recovering your vehicle to the nearest authorised repairer.
Replacement vehicle – keeping you mobile in a 'like for like' vehicle.
Overnight hotel expenses – helping with unexpected expenses.
Emergency travel – helping you to get to your final destination.
Continental use – ensures you are covered whilst travelling in Europe.
Consequential damage – helping cover costs on non-covered items and personal possessions.

Added by me:

SEE ATTACHED FOR PRICING
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New car extended warranty.jpg (241.3 KB, 88 views)

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 26th, 2017, 15:51   #6
KNVXC90

Thank you Marc.

The link talks about extending the warranty from 3 years, to 4 years. No mention of 5 years.

But the image that you'd attached talks about extending the warranty from 3 years, to 5 years.

I hope the 5 year plan actually exists? Please clarify.
MY21 Kia e-Niro 4+

Last edited by KNVXC90; Oct 26th, 2017 at 15:53.
Old Oct 26th, 2017, 15:54   #7
MtillingVolvo

The information on the image came from Car Care Plan who underwrite the warranty, that one is correct to the best of my knowledge.

EDIT: I have just emailed the person it came from to ensure its still accurate and in date, just to be 100%....

EDIT 2: Got his Out of office until Monday... will update when I hear more.

Last edited by MtillingVolvo; Oct 26th, 2017 at 16:17.
The Following User Says Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 26th, 2017, 16:19   #8
KNVXC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
The information on the image came from Car Care Plan who underwrite the warranty, that one is correct to the best of my knowledge.

EDIT: I have just emailed the person it came from to ensure its still accurate and in date, just to be 100%....

EDIT 2: Got his Out of office until Monday... will update when I hear more.
Thanks once again, and its valuable for us to have someone like you on the forum.
MY21 Kia e-Niro 4+
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KNVXC90 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 26th, 2017, 16:21   #9
MtillingVolvo

You're most welcome

Old Oct 26th, 2017, 16:26   #10
KNVXC90

...and if the info on 5 year plan is accurate, then the cost is not too bad, considering the cost of the car and cost of potential repairs.
MY21 Kia e-Niro 4+