Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo on call not working after software update

Views : 3419

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 6th, 2019, 19:02   #1
volvocamper
Master Member

Default Volvo on call not working after software update

Car went in to dealers yesterday for 1st year service and software updates.
Took a long while for the updates to eventually load. All is good EXCEPT now the VoC app not working. Spoke to Volvo customer services this pm who suggested reinstalling the app which made no difference so tried completely re-setting the VoC but car willl not connect to the app and the app wont connect to the car. Volvo guy suggested car will have to go back to dealer which is not ideal as an hour away.
Have any of you had a similar issue with VoC after a software update and found a solution please before i traipse back to the dealer? 2018 XC90.
volvocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2019, 21:56   #2
Mavi57

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvocamper View Post
Car went in to dealers yesterday for 1st year service and software updates.
Took a long while for the updates to eventually load. All is good EXCEPT now the VoC app not working. Spoke to Volvo customer services this pm who suggested reinstalling the app which made no difference so tried completely re-setting the VoC but car willl not connect to the app and the app wont connect to the car. Volvo guy suggested car will have to go back to dealer which is not ideal as an hour away.
Have any of you had a similar issue with VoC after a software update and found a solution please before i traipse back to the dealer? 2018 XC90.
Do you have a Sim-card installed in the trunk?
If so - do remove the Sim and replace it after 10 seconds close your car. See if this helps.
If so - there is a patch for your problem. hey have to rollback the update but only that part concerning the modem.
Mavi57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2019, 09:26   #3
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

The On Call system uses an integral sim, nothing to do with the one you can install in the boot.

Try deleting the App from your phone and reinstalling/setting up the On Call on your phone.

If its still not working give me / your dealer a shout and between us we'll sort it.

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 7th, 2019, 09:33   #4
LordLucan

I think what Mavi57 was saying is that if you also have a personal sim installed then there is a bug with the new update (as reported by others) causing VOC to stop working. The answer is to remove the sim until the patch /rollback can be done at the dealers.
Old Mar 7th, 2019, 10:49   #5
volvocamper
Master Member

Thank you for the thoughts guys (and really appreciate your offer to help Marc) but it struck me from lack of similar responses that it is not a usual problem following software update and everything else seemed to be working so decided to have another look myself this morning.
Not entirely sure which box I ticked (several had become in-ticked following the software update) but it is all now working as it should.
Dealer said software update took some time and first attempt failed, is this normal? All seems ok now and I can now put it in the garage without handbrake coming on automatically so seems it has latest software now.
Really do love this car and never felt i needed VoC features but they are nice to have.
Thank you again.
The Following User Says Thank You to volvocamper For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 7th, 2019, 11:09   #6
James77

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvocamper View Post
Thank you for the thoughts guys (and really appreciate your offer to help Marc) but it struck me from lack of similar responses that it is not a usual problem following software update and everything else seemed to be working so decided to have another look myself this morning.
Not entirely sure which box I ticked (several had become in-ticked following the software update) but it is all now working as it should.
Dealer said software update took some time and first attempt failed, is this normal? All seems ok now and I can now put it in the garage without handbrake coming on automatically so seems it has latest software now.
Really do love this car and never felt i needed VoC features but they are nice to have.
Thank you again.
Where were the boxes that became un-ticked, on your phone, buried in the VOC app, or in the car?
James77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2019, 12:43   #7
KNVXC90

My XC90 recently went in for 2nd service, had software updated. I do have my own SIM in the car. I had no issues at all though following the software update. All good.
MY17 XC90 D5 PP P* Inscription, MagicBlue, Amber VentilatedMassage Seats, Birch, Homelink, Winter+HUD, Xenium, 7SeatComfort, Air, 20", Laminated&Tinted, AuxHeater, BLIS, AndroidAuto, B&W, RunningBoards
MY21 Kia e-Niro 4+
Prev: MY02 Mazda 6 TS2
KNVXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KNVXC90 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 7th, 2019, 12:44   #8
volvocamper
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James77 View Post
Where were the boxes that became un-ticked, on your phone, buried in the VOC app, or in the car?
The boxes were in Sensus in car but cant now say which it was which sparked the VoC into life.
Was strange as most of my personalisation remained intact and other boxes were empty.
Old Mar 11th, 2019, 10:54   #9
dchbrown

While possibly not related i have noticed that if i have the VOC app installed in the car then VOC appears to stop working. If i leave it uninstalled it works just fine.

There appears to be strange interactions between car, website and phone app if you dont have it setup "just so".