Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Brake Failure Stop Safely - Intermittent Fault

Views : 1439

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 10th, 2015, 22:31   #1
Saint76

Exclamation Brake Failure Stop Safely - Intermittent Fault

Hi,

I recently bought a Volvo V50 2007 2.0D, which was showing a 'Anti-Skid Service required' message. The dealer assured me he would fix this as a condition of sale.

I took the car away, and the next day I got a message 'Brake Failure Stop Safely'.
Then when turning the key to remove it, an 'Immobiliser See Manual' message.
The car would then not start, displaying the same two messages.

After leaving for approx 30 minutes, the car then started again and no messages (except anti skid service message) were displayed.

I returned the car to the dealer and insisted they fixed the issue before returning it to me, assuming all the issues were related.

The dealer fitted the following parts:
'Side Panel' (part number 39802017)- £14
'Hydraulic Unit Ex' (part number 36001319) - £425
'Hydraulic Unit Co' (part number 39807319) - £154

and the car was returned to me with no messages showing.

I have since had the car for about 4-5 days.

However, today the 'Brake Failure Stop Safely' (and Immobiliser see manual) message has returned.
I have not seen the 'Anti-Skid Service required' message again though.

Again, leaving it for 30 mins seems to have stopped this displaying and I have been able to restart the car several times (on the same evening)

Is this something that should be relatively straightforward to diagnose?
I believe the cost of repair will be covered by the dealer, but considering I've waited over 3 weeks for the 1st issue to be fixed, I'm starting to lose patience!

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers
Saint76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anti-skid service, brake failure, immobiliser, message, v50