Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

T5 V70 - multiple problems !

Views : 5823

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 25th, 2010, 11:37   #11
Nick44
Ex 850/V70 Register Keepe

I have a set of 5 coil packs, known good.
You are welcome to borrow them for testing.
Old May 1st, 2010, 10:25   #12
Jon45

I thought I had it all sorted.....

the big problem, was that the air pipe had come off the bottom of the ETM, no wonder it wasn't running properly...

fixed that, then found that cyl 1 was definitely misfiring (swapped coil packs around)...fitted new coil pack...and all seemed OK..

First time I put my foot down - nothing..no response..engine stalled.

On restarting, it won't idle properly, hunts from nearly stalled to about 1100rpm back and forth..and dies again.

DTC Code is just ECM-6806 which says air leak .. I guess that in removing and refitting the various pipes something hasn't quite gone back as at it should..

OR could it still be the ETM fault raising it's head again ?

Jon.
Jon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2010, 19:15   #13
Chris_Rogers
VOC Member

If engine speed (RPM) is above 3500 rpm and the engine is operating at a high load, the control signal to the turbocharger (TC) control valve is at maximum and the boost pressure (from boost pressure sensor) is lower than a designated value (approximately 20 kPa under normal boost pressure - signal too low).
If the air mass (from mass air flow (MAF) sensor) is higher than a desired value (signal too high) it is interpreted as a fault and diagnostic trouble code (DTC) ECM-6806 is stored.

Substitute value
reduced boost pressure

Possible source
Signal too high:
-air leakage after turbocharger (TC)
Signal too low:
-hoses between turbocharger (TC) and turbocharger (TC) control valve respectively turbocharger (TC) control valve and pressure servo are loose or are blocked/damaged
-faulty turbocharger (TC) control valve
-faulty boost pressure control (BPC) valve pressure servo
-sticking boost pressure control (BPC) valve

I'd suggest if the hose had come off the ETM then it's likely that some unfiltered air has got to the throttle body, it would not be a surprise of the throttle body has got rather dirty as a result, so cleaning it may well help.
Have you checked the hose has not come off again after you put your foot down?

Other than that I'd suggest a good look round for split/loose hoses and give the BPC valve a clean internally as well.
Chris_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:22   #14
Jon45

Thanks to all for suggestions etc...good news is that it's all fixed !

The last / recurring problem, was that the hose clip that holds the air hose to the ETM module, had jammed, and I thought I had tightened it, in reality it was still loose...

Got a proper jubilee clip, fitted the inner sleeve from the old clip, and it's now tight and everything works very well.

Thanks to Rufe for supplying the parts at very good prices too.

Jon
Jon45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecm, headgasket, misfire, v70 t5