Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50 2.0D is now driving like a slug!!!

Views : 15366

Replies : 50

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 27th, 2012, 09:39   #11
imz

Not a single response to my post??

Come on someone must have some ideas?
imz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 14:05   #12
laurieh

Quote:
Originally Posted by imz View Post
Hi Guys,

I would like to apologise if anyone feels I am taking over a thread just need some help please.

Need help please got a fault code ccm-0009 which is 'fan motor passenger compartment temperature sesnsor blocked'?

Quick questions:

Would this effect the performance of the car?
Where is this sensor?

I have a Rica remap but it just will not respond, the gas pedal feels like a brick to push like it is being resisted.

My other 2 fault codes are:
CEM-3A00 - ECM, software faulty signal
ECM-C301 - Control module, faulty software checksum

Both these faults clear if I remove the Rica remap but Rica have advised they are normal on a remapped car and would not be the cause of the lack of performance.

The car is an 2005 Euro5 S40 2.0d 136bhp with a dpf

Any advice please guys?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Not sure if this helps but I had a friend come round with his android phone his got an app for car diagnostics (mdmycar its free) and he brought a bluetooth OBD2 adapter which plugged in to car port. Scanned all my codes and cleared them. Car now revving over 3000rpm , adapter only cost £15 amazon

Cheers
laurieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 14:18   #13
imz

Thanks for the response.

I am currently retrieving the faults using Chinese Vida 2011d.

I really need to to know if the software fault codes are common and ignorable on a remapped car.

Thanks
imz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 16:26   #14
laurieh

Unhappy Changed fuel filter, air filter and cleaned EGR

Hi all

Still no joy with this issue, i have changed filters, cleaed EGR pipe and took car out for a test drive, I pull away from stationary onto dual carriageway, 1st,2nd and 3rd gear as soon as i'm up to to speed changed into 4th and nothing , no acceleration no umph like I used to have, changed up to fifth gear after a slight descent then have to change down again to 4th going up the slight incline.Will have to find out how much volvo will charge for a proper diagnostic.
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 20:10   #15
Ninja59
Probably Akita's Toyboy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by imz View Post
Not a single response to my post??

Come on someone must have some ideas?
Hate to say this but you have posted this issue across multiple threads expecting a response and then bumping it because no one has responded.

If you really want the issue resolved why not consider starting your own thread...
Ninja59 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ninja59 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 09:44   #16
MikeLB

Replace the small vacumn Pipe at the front of the engine and it will almost certainly fix the problem - the error codes are very misleading and should not be taken literally with this fault as the lack of pressure caused by the pipe makes the system think the Control Valves have failed whereas they usually haven't!

It's a common problem on these engines, worldwide on Mazda, Volvo, Ford 1.6d and 2.0d engines, and very easily fixed!
MikeLB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeLB For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 09:54   #17
138gat
138gat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLB View Post
Replace the small vacumn Pipe at the front of the engine and it will almost certainly fix the problem - the error codes are very misleading and should not be taken literally with this fault as the lack of pressure caused by the pipe makes the system think the Control Valves have failed whereas they usually haven't!

It's a common problem on these engines, worldwide on Mazda, Volvo, Ford 1.6d and 2.0d engines, and very easily fixed!
Thats interesting as mine is doing exactly the same as Laurieh, I've checked all pipes for leaks and all seem ok. Might try changing the vacuum pipe after my jolly's
138gat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 138gat For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 10:06   #18
laurieh

Quote:

Will give that a go, is that the hose which goes vertical down to the rad from manifiold

Cheers
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 10:24   #19
MikeLB

It's this one!

The pipe is quite a tight fit length wise as per factory spec and goes to the bottom of the engine, it splits along the back but running your hand over it you wont necessarily feel the crack or split.

I replaced with some fuel pipe from local DIY Shop and used a longer length to avoid it chaffing other pipes - it's been fine ever since and even the Dealer admitted they didn't know about it after I challenged them for the unnecessary replacement of the Turbo Control Valve which didn't actually fix the problem.

It's just a push on and push off pipe, no clips, so just take it off to inspect it and replace as required.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2411 copy.jpg (182.4 KB, 32 views)
MikeLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 11:29   #20
laurieh

Quote:
It's this one!

The pipe is quite a tight fit length wise as per factory spec and goes to the bottom of the engine, it splits along the back but running your hand over it you wont necessarily feel the crack or split.

I replaced with some fuel pipe from local DIY Shop and used a longer length to avoid it chaffing other pipes - it's been fine ever since and even the Dealer admitted they didn't know about it after I challenged them for the unnecessary replacement of the Turbo Control Valve which didn't actually fix the problem.

It's just a push on and push off pipe, no clips, so just take it off to inspect it and replace as required.

Many thanks mike, have had a look and cant seem to find that hose on mine (2005 V50 2.0D)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4751.jpg (49.4 KB, 28 views)