Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2014 V60 Alarm System Malfunction service required

Views : 9496

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 28th, 2020, 10:55   #1
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Default 2014 V60 Alarm System Malfunction service required

Alarm made funny beeping noises when I locked the car yesterday, unlocked and locked car again and no noise. Can out this morning and this message pops up, anyone any idea what the issie might be?. Seen on much older models it can be the siren module, or the alarm battery but couldn't find any details on newer models
scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2020, 11:40   #2
Craig S

I had that on my 2015 V60, and it was as a result of the drivers door lock failing.

When you lock the doors, do the lights flash? If they don't try opening the doors when the car is locked.

I ended up having the drivers door lock replaced, but the dealer did say that there was also a chance that the battery in the siren unit could be failing.
Craig S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2020, 13:03   #3
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Lights flash when car locks and all doors lock, wierdly got in it again to pop to shops and message is gone ?!?, it's under warranty so garage are going to have a look next week. Weirdly have made the funny noise when locking again, and it was raining heavily when it made the noise so wonder if there's a bit of water ingress or maybe a losse connection, will hopefully get rectified next week, just hope warranty will cover whatever it is
Old Aug 28th, 2020, 17:50   #4
Tober

My alarm on V60 MY2017 twin engine failed a couple of months back or at least screen reported malfunction. I left it, until one night the alarm repeatedly sounded and I had to drive it somewhere at 4am in order to disable it. Volvo dealership sorted it under warranty and fingers crossed it has been ok ever since
Tober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2020, 18:45   #5
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Been out a few more times and no sign of the message, put my code reader on and no codes. Hopefully garage may be able to find a stored code and sort whatever the issue is.
Old Aug 29th, 2020, 08:58   #6
Craig S

My error message was intermittent, because the lock would work about 90% of the time to start with... but as time progressed it got more frequent and it took a while for me to notice that occasionally when I locked the car the lights wouldn't always flash as it locked.

Dealer said they couldn't do anything til there was an error code and that took a while before the lock unit was unreliable enough to do that
Craig S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2020, 10:08   #7
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig S View Post
My error message was intermittent, because the lock would work about 90% of the time to start with... but as time progressed it got more frequent and it took a while for me to notice that occasionally when I locked the car the lights wouldn't always flash as it locked.

Dealer said they couldn't do anything til there was an error code and that took a while before the lock unit was unreliable enough to do that
Ah ok cheers, I'll see what they say next week, it is wierd the siren made a wierd noise the night I locked it before the message appeared, but hasn't made that noise again, hopefully they'll find something.

Although i think they'll try and wangle out of paying for it. Service guy already mentioned if its not covered under warranty there'll be a £60 investigation fee added to any bill for the work that needed, so I'm already getting set up to argue about that as I've only had the car 5 weeks :-( , and its already been back for a few niggles that cost them about £200 to sort
Old Sep 3rd, 2020, 18:15   #8
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig S View Post

Well looks like you were correct, lookers VW have looked at it today (thats where i got the car from) and said they can see an intermittent door fault code, as a result they are sending it to the volvo main dealer to be investigated as they dont have the know how to fix the issue, so fingers crossed the volvo dealer will sort it out, luckily theres a volvo main dealer is next door to lookers VW, just hoping the warranty will cover it, assume it will as I've only had the car a month
Old Sep 3rd, 2020, 20:43   #9
S60RDesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysn7x View Post
Well looks like you were correct, lookers VW have looked at it today (thats where i got the car from) and said they can see an intermittent door fault code, as a result they are sending it to the volvo main dealer to be investigated as they dont have the know how to fix the issue, so fingers crossed the volvo dealer will sort it out, luckily theres a volvo main dealer is next door to lookers VW, just hoping the warranty will cover it, assume it will as I've only had the car a month
If you've had it for less than six months the Consumer Rights Act should help you if the dealer says the warranty doesn't cover it
S60RDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2020, 22:30   #10
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Yeah i think they'll be ok already had £200 worth or work done into warranty, and I got a 12 month warranty so hopefully ok, only exclusions seem to be clutch and discs and pads