Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Courtesy Car for Recall Work

Views : 1742

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 10th, 2020, 19:09   #11
silverfoxjw

Smile

Hi, Our XC60 is booked into our local dealer for the seat belt recall, being done in December, been offered a courtesy car straight away...no issues there
silverfoxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2020, 20:58   #12
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondcoia View Post
I don't feel your comment adds to the thread in any way at all. Apologies if this reply sounds ill tempered, but your post seems to me to be rather condescending.

Have you ever heard the Phrase "forewarned is forearmed", as such I wanted get an appreciation of what was typical from others experience, of course I'll have to have the specific discussion with them when I call up.

As for the Global pandemic, thanks for pointing that out, I'd not noticed it, and had no appreciation that it may affect normal life.

As for the inconvenience, typically if a company provides a faulty good, you would expect them to minimise the inconvenience to yourself to rectify it, I'm not sure why you think this view is unreasonable.
Of course it affects normal life . I disagree with your statement about my post being condescending & if it come across that way, then I apologise because it wasn't intended.

I was just stating a simple point that you may struggle (depending on the dealership it seems) to be offered a courtesy vehicle, under the current circumstances. Sometimes, what you expect & what you get in reality are two different things. You expect minimal inconvenience & that I would agree with under normal circumstances, but we aren't quite at the 'normal' stage yet so to speak. Therefore, what you expect in terms of minimal inconvenience, given the situation we're in at this present moment in time may not come to fruition. I don't think that unreasonable either, seeming though places of work etc are working like headless chickens trying to operate the best they can.

Like I said in my previous post, a repair to the fault is probably months off anyway & things could change by then, so we potentially are talking way ahead of ourselves here. In the mean time, quite a few garages I know aren't offering courtesy vehicles due to COVID-19. Although, it does seem that different garages seem to have different views with regards to their courtesy vehicles (Some will let customers use them, some won't). Why that is, I don't know.

An independent garage near to me says its a half hour job to inspect/fix the defect, so hanging around may be an option whilst munching on those nice biscuits they have... It doesn't sound too bad to me.

Last edited by Kev0607; Sep 10th, 2020 at 21:18.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2020, 00:54   #13
Kev0607
Premier Member

Two recall letters arrived yesterday (For my car & my Dad's V70). I phoned my local dealership & spoke to a really helpful chap. He said the parts aren't in stock until November, so he was only taking bookings for December. I booked both cars in (December) & he confirmed it'll take around two hours to do the recall works & also said both vehicles will receive a full health check & a wash free of charge as part of the service.

I asked about a courtesy vehicle & was told that none are being provided at the moment due to COVID-19. However, he did advise me to phone towards the latter end of November & ask about a courtesy vehicle because the current situation may change between now & then. There's no collection or deliveries at the moment either.

Last edited by Kev0607; Sep 18th, 2020 at 00:56.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kev0607 For This Useful Post: