Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anti skid warning message

Views : 434

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 23rd, 2022, 23:54   #1
PC2CV

Default Anti skid warning message

My uncle has a 2004 V70 D5, it is showing Service Anti Skid or something to that effect, basically a warning message that will not go away.

Plugging in diagnostic equipment i get the following code

ABS-0136. Brake pressure sensor 1 and 2. Signal outside its permitted range.

I have done a brake fluid flush on the car to no avail. Just wondering if there is any way to check the two brake pressure sensors up by the bulkhead before replacing them? Livestream data seems to show them as responding when i press the brake pedal.

Screenshot_2022-04-18-12-05-14-442.jpg

Screenshot_2022-04-18-12-15-39-462.jpg

Screenshot_2022-04-18-12-07-06-562.jpg

Screenshot_2022-04-18-12-07-11-650.jpg

I think i have identified the correct part number for the pressure sensors (3524132), but want to know if there is a better way to test them or some other thing to check before throwing parts at the car.

Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 10.51.28 pm.png
Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 10.51.35 pm.jpg
PC2CV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2022, 01:00   #2
Dancake
Premier Member

The pressures should be virtually identical between the two sensors. It looks like sensor 2 is giving a low reading. You can unplug the sensors one at a time and look at the pressure values to find out which sensor is which, then replace as needed. This fault can also occur when the seals fail in the master cylinder, but the sensor is the most likely cause. You can change them without needing to bleed the brakes if you're quick enough. Before changing the sensors, try to calibrate them first if you're diagnostic equipment will allow it.
Dancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2022, 10:39   #3
VOLVOBOY
Lazy Member

Default This may help...

Found this post back in 2013 from KBB Master Tech. This rings true as the brakes are not a sharp as they should be, sounds like a bit of investigative work is required.

The DTC BCM 0136 is reporting that no hydraulic pressure is being created in the dual split braking circuit when the brake pedal is being operated. The brake pedal switch informs the ABS unit that braking is taking place.

The master cylinder is the tandem type so interesting that both the pressure sensors are not seeing hydraulic pressure build up. I have seen this in the past with the same ABS system but on Range Rovers and BMW.

The approach is to first clamp off all 4 brake flexi hoses with padded mole grips or professional flexi pipe clamps. Run the engine for servo assistance and operate the pedal. If the pedal hold's firm with all 4 pipes clamped remove 1 clamp and run the test again each time removing 1 more clamp from a wheel station. If the pedal sinks on the removal a particular clamp then the offending circuit has been identified. If the pedal sinks with all 4 clamps in place the fault is a possible master cylinder or one of the release solenoids inside the ABS modulator is sticking open causing the hydraulic pressure to return straight back to the master cylinder. To deduct one from the other the pipe leading to the ABS modulator should be removed and blanking plugs fitted so its just the master cylinder in circuit. If pressure drops then the master cylinder is at fault. We make blanking plugs with brake fitting unions and about 1 inch of steel pipe with the end crimped and welded closed.

I'm sure that VIDA can perform solenoid activation test so you can hear the solenoids functioning to confirm operation.
VOLVOBOY is offline   Reply With Quote