Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo V70R Estate - For Sale £3950 ONO

Views : 1340

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 20th, 2022, 15:52   #1
djwazza68
Djwazza68

Default Volvo V70R Estate - For Sale £3950 ONO

Welcome to the sale blurb for my 1998 V70R Estate.

Pictures of the car are at this link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/jLVrZiYzQ8Py2fgE9

Registration R408 TJB, the car has an MOT until Dec 22 with 2 advisories; one for a slight seepage from the power steering (union which has been tightened) and a slight blow on the cat. It has just passed 213K miles and still looks and drives like a car with a small fraction of that.

Mechanically

With the 2.3 5-cylinder turbo the car pulls effortlessly through a very good automatic sports gearbox, both of which have just had a full flush and oil change; I see 30+mpg on the motorway and average 26-28mpg in mixed urban driving. With all new shocks front and rear and new HD control arms fitted at the front at the end of 2020; the rear suspension was fully rebuilt in March 21 with new Nivomat self-levelling shocks. Both rear callipers are less than a year old, front nearside was replaced in December for the MOT and the pads all round are less than 6 months old, the TRACS has been rebuilt and now both the ABS and traction control system are fully functional. With a new exhaust 6 months ago, under the bonnet also presents well, with no corrosion and although not detailed, is clean and unmolested by tuners.

Externally

Finished in Nautic Blue metallic the car presents very well and on purchase just over 18 months ago ago I had the Comet Alloys fully refurbished in the correct Volvo silver and Falken high performance tyres fitted. The car has benefitted from careful previous owners and I have continued the tradition, with both front wings removed, all inner wing rust traps cleaned and painted, the wings themselves coated with Stonechip and refitted. The front bumper has been professionally resprayed in the past and the bonnet could do with the same treatment to make it perfect, although it is in reasonable shape as can be seen in the photos. The boot door is in rust free condition and the rear bumper is still in good condition with a plastic protection strip to aid loading. The front passenger door has a small ding under the handle that I have yet to get around to, which is difficult to spot in the pictures but can be seen in the correct light. The rest of the car has a few marks, although a good machine polish would lift the overall finish; something that I have never found the time to book. The only other external items that will need addressing are the head-light wiper motors which are currently disconnected as the park function needs resetting.

Interior

The anthracite half-leather and Alcantara interior is in good shape and has no cuts or tears and very little pilling to the fabric and only a couple of stitches missing from the quilted areas on the driver’s seat. With aluminium ‘R’ trim panels are in good condition, the headlining is also clean and unmarked and the rear load area is clean and complete with all tools and a good low-speed spare. V70R carpet set is all present and in good condition being covered by Volvo rubber over-mats. Other than one small internal window trim being broken (pictured) the car is in remarkable used condition. The passenger seat switch-pack is not currently working, the drivers-side with memory function works correctly and the heated seats work on both sides, leading me to believe that the passenger seat switches are at fault. Air-conditioning will need regassing, once the condenser is replaced, which I haven’t found time to do yet, but may do if it takes a while to sell or if I put it into storage. The standard Alpine V70R system is fitted and works with the exception of the 3x CD player (now fixed in place) and the 6 CD changer which has been replaced by a glove-box mounted Bluetooth system with hands-free kit, allowing mobile phone and music connectivity. There is also an Aux and USB as part of this set-up. The power sunroof is fully functional, as are the electric windows and central locking, although the remote fob needs recoding to the car following a battery replacement and so central locking is currently via one of the 2 keys.

Service History

There is partial service history showing some significant spending over the years (new turbo, normal perishables, etc) and I have invested in the mechanical items that needed fixing as soon as they became apparent. With the drive train in great shape and the whole suspension now less than 2000 miles old, the car should run for several more years/decades without issue.

I am selling the car as we once again need a 4 x 4 for horse-box towing duties, so my 18 months with a 'sensible' family car is once again over and I am back to big fuel bills and horrible handling. I'm open to realistic offers but the car can go into my storage if it doesn't command any interest; I sold a gul T5R estate too cheaply a few years ago and have always regretted it!

From this forum and for convenience this is what the '97/'98 R has as standard
An asterisk beside a listing means that the item/s were R only.

Comet 205 45 17" alloys in silver bright or anthracite (T5 has 205 50 16" Perfo alloys as standard)*
R leather and Alcantara heated electric seats with driver memory (grey or beige)*
Rear safety nets on estate that pull out of back seats (option on T5)
Matching front and back leather door cards (available on CD spec T5)
R Aluminium dash trim(3 part) - option of wood with matching gear stick and steering wheel (not an option at the time, however run-out Classics in 2000 may have aluminium dash).
Climate control (available on CD spec T5)
Blue-backed instrument dials*
Information centre
Leather and alcantara/matching trim wooden steering wheel
Leather gear stick (if wood option trim matching auto wood gear stick)
Electric Glass Sunroof
Illuminated passenger's vanity mirror (some Rs have driver's vanity mirror as well)
R logo mats*
Door kick plates (available on CD spec T5)
Pre-wiring for rear 6 CD changer* (option on T5)
SC 900 RDS Stereo 3 disc cartridge CD/radio (805 option on T5)
50 watt stereo amplifier (option on T5)
Pull-out cups holders in central armrest (available on CD spec T5)
limited slip diff* (Viscous Coupling) Only on manuals
Traction Control - TRACS
Lowered R suspension (lowered sports suspension was available as an option on the T5)
Stronger anti-roll bars (open to discussion!)
Rear Nivomat suspension on estates (keeps ride height consistent when carrying loads)
Folding down rear bumper protector on estate
Manual has 18T turbo/automatic has 16T turbo (T5 has 16T)
R front bumper (different lip spoiler to standard bumper) with different design plastic grilles*
R leather and alcantara driver's wheel (alcantara is a synthetic material)* (if wood option for glovebox/central console wheel will be wood/leather)
Rear pull out material bumper protector (estate) (option on T5)
Headlight wash/wipe (available on CD spec T5)
Tinted windows
Colours:
Black Stone 019
Nautic Blue (pearl) 417
Silver Metallic 426
Garnet Red (metallic) 428
Saffron (pearl) 435

The manual is 250 bhp and the automatic 240 bhp. (The manual '97/'98 T5 is 240bhp)
Old Feb 20th, 2022, 19:30   #2
IC
S60R/V70R

I see that you have copied my post detailing the specifications of the R. Good luck with the sale of your car

VOC Speed Challenge Champion 2007/08/Joint Winner 2009
Motor Sport Challenge Winner 2008/Joint Winner 2009

<font size=2><font color=RoyalBlue>
</font></font>

Last edited by IC; Feb 20th, 2022 at 19:34.
IC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2022, 00:31   #3
Mkengineering
Master Member

Looks like a good car.

Shame it's a auto as I would of snapped this up
Mkengineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2022, 14:27   #4
El Padrino

Hi djwazza68,

I'm unable to send a PM to you as I'm a new member. Could you PM me an email please or phone number I can reach you on?

Many thanks.

Last edited by El Padrino; Feb 22nd, 2022 at 15:58.
El Padrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2022, 13:27   #5
El Padrino

Hi djwazza68,

Thank you for your PM with your contact details. I couldn't reply to it, so will contact you later.

Many thanks.
El Padrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2022, 08:29   #6
djwazza68
Djwazza68

Default Now sold

Sold this weekend. Robert hope it is as good a car to you as it was for me.

Tags
bluetooth audio, estate, for sale, v70r 2wd