Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Well lads I'm officially in you're club now.

Views : 2206

Replies : 41

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 16th, 2016, 23:25   #11
harveys
Master Member

Just looked at advert photo shows D5 on boot with polestar badge if it's got that map on it you're got 205 ,I think but lots of torques on tap.
you say fitting tow bar but there's one on it in the advert or are they removing it ?.
Sure you are going to be a happy driver in it , enjoy

You can ask Volvo if they fitted a Remap to it as they keep it on record of it which is good if you have a problem or any software updates done at the dealer, you never know ? .then they won't write over it with a stock map.
Ps your insurance might want to know about the Remap best to ask them.
Old May 16th, 2016, 23:25   #12
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamBrown1 View Post
If it's badged 2.4d then it's 163
D5 and its 185.

You have the euro 4 engine so it has a dpf, electronic egr ect not that that's a bad thing but you will know what you have as per the above. The v5 will tell you correct.
I'm sure it's badged a d5 ,
kieran40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2016, 23:31   #13
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveys View Post
Just looked at advert photo shows D5 on boot with polestar badge if it's got that map on it you're got 205 ,I think but lots of torques on tap.
you say fitting tow bar but there's one on it in the advert or are they removing it ?.
Sure you are going to be a happy driver in it , enjoy

You can ask Volvo if they fitted a Remap to it as they keep it on record of it which is good if you have a problem or any software updates done at the dealer, you never know ? .then they won't write over it with a stock map.
Ps your insurance might want to know about the Remap best to ask them.
I'm having the towbar electrics done that's what I meant new plugs etc. I thought that was the case it was a 185 because it says on the remap paperwork it's pushing out 205, Harvey's it's very quick not from a standstill but get it in 2cnd and put youre toe down it wacks you back in the seat. Yes very happy driving it beutiful car and thanks for the info on the dealership it was tuned up in Leicester the bloke who had it before me had it done I suspect to dodge any potential future dpf issues
Old May 16th, 2016, 23:37   #14
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Sorry to burst the bubble kieran lad but you don't have an SE nor do do have the sports model..It looks more like an S from the pictures more so it looks more like an plod car?

On the tuning front though, I was unaware that Polestar mapped the P2 platformes?

Last edited by strbryan; May 16th, 2016 at 23:39.
strbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2016, 23:38   #15
harveys
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran40 View Post
I'm having the towbar electrics done that's what I meant new plugs etc. I thought that was the case it was a 185 because it says on the remap paperwork it's pushing out 205, Harvey's it's very quick not from a standstill but get it in 2cnd and put youre toe down it wacks you back in the seat. Yes very happy driving it beutiful car and thanks for the info on the dealership it was tuned up in Leicester the bloke who had it before me had it done I suspect to dodge any potential future dpf issues

Just one thing with the torque of the engine it can slip the clutch if you drive it very hard ,so be sensible with it .
Old May 16th, 2016, 23:41   #16
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strbryan View Post
Sorry to burst the bubble kieran lad but you don't have an SE nor do do have the sports model..It looks more like an S from the pictures more so it looks more like an plod car?

On the tuning front though, I was unaware that Polestar mapped the P2 platformes?
It was showing up as a se sport on insurance earlier, yes they do I have all the paperwork and certificate for it mate, and youre not far off not ex plod it belonged to a fire cheif in Leicester wasn't a response car his own private car. It even feels like it's been played with certainly a lot of power when you hit that loud peddle

Don't a lot of people remap to get over dpf issues I know my neighbour had his Saab done because of his dpf

Last edited by kieran40; May 16th, 2016 at 23:50.
Old May 16th, 2016, 23:42   #17
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveys View Post
Just one thing with the torque of the engine it can slip the clutch if you drive it very hard ,so be sensible with it .
I will and if you see me out and about give me a wave mate I'll know doubt be stretching it's legs along the new link road needs a service first though so a trip to kastners in the morning get all the shizzle
Old May 16th, 2016, 23:50   #18
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
It was showing up as a se sport on insurance earlier, yes they do I have all the paperwork and certificate for it mate, and youre not far off not ex plod it belonged to a fire cheif in Leicester wasn't a response car his own private car.
Just checked polestar, you right they do.All plods and associated service Volvo's state that they are SE but only as service models.

Civilian and Plod/Service SE are totally different and shouldn't be considered as equals..

Out of interest, Is your engine ECU mounted on top of the air filter housing?If it is you will have the 185BHP mate

Last edited by strbryan; May 16th, 2016 at 23:52.
Old May 16th, 2016, 23:53   #19
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strbryan View Post
Just checked polestar, you right they do.All plods and associated service Volvo's state that they are SE but only as service models.

Civilian and Plod/Service SE are totally different and shouldn't be considered as equals..
Whats the diffrence then it doesn't have full leather but half leather I know that and it has lots of toys in it, I know what you mean it does look like a plod s60 if it was white with the markings it would pass off.

Yes it's mounted on the air filter dude.

The plod still use the v70 and s60 down here im sure Harvey has seen them about they are based in Newton about nick or were. They also drive that 4x4 BMW about was floating around the seafront tonight tugging the local scrouts, becarefull down the bovey straights and ideford dip Harvey they sit in that lay by waiting to pounce in the morning

Last edited by kieran40; May 17th, 2016 at 00:00.
Old May 16th, 2016, 23:59   #20
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Whats the diffrence then it doesn't have full leather but half leather I know that and it has lots of toys in it, I know what you mean it does look like a plod s60 if it was white with the markings it would pass off
Plod also used silver mate that's why I thought it looked like one

SE has leather, fully colour coded bumpers/side sills, silver bumper trim inlays to name but a few, yours has the SE alloys though.

Sports has rear spoiler, gay alloys, fully coded bumpers and side sills and the half leather trim yours has and some other bits..