Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

My Dad is wanting to sell his beloved V70

Views : 671

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 3rd, 2019, 09:47   #1
Paul Murden

Default My Dad is wanting to sell his beloved V70

This is what he's written;

Volvo V70 R registration.
Only one owner from new, full service history by Volvo mechanics. Original parts with the exception of one clutch and one exhaust.
Still running daily mot until July.
As you will see from the photos there is some damage to the drivers front wing and one sill has lost some paint.
The front seats are spilt on the seams but there isn’t any wear.

If l had the skills l would love to have restored her to her initial glory, sadly I don’t.

We're not sure what to ask and don't really want it going to be ruined by someone who won't appreciate it. If anyone has any ideas on value that would be brilliant or if you want to buy even better.

Many thanks, Paul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg V701.jpg (375.3 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg V702.jpg (303.8 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg V703.jpg (323.2 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg V704.jpg (189.4 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg V706.jpg (150.8 KB, 79 views)
Paul Murden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2019, 10:35   #2
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

While one owner and FSH are points in the car's favour, Paul, I'm afraid the rather 'tatty' exterior would put me off. In order to avoid possible disappointment, I don't think that I would set my expectations too high if I was you.

If it helps, I bought my 'V' reg V70 almost three years ago for £550 from a dealer. The car has low ownership, a good history, is clean outside but has a slightly tatty leather interior, and at the time had about 5 months MOT. I personally think that these cars are grossly undervalued at present. While that worked to my advantage, it is unlikely to be good news for you.

Regards, John.
Old Apr 3rd, 2019, 10:59   #3
IC
S60R/V70R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Murden View Post

Only one owner from new, full service history by Volvo mechanics. Original parts with the exception of one clutch and one exhaust.
As you will see from the photos there is some damage to the drivers front wing and one sill has lost some paint.

If l had the skills l would love to have restored her to her initial glory, sadly I don’t.

We're not sure what to ask and don't really want it going to be ruined by someone who won't appreciate it. If anyone has any ideas on value that would be brilliant or if you want to buy even better.

Many thanks, Paul
Hi, the registration plate may be worth selling seperately to the car if it has V70R in it!

VOC Speed Challenge Champion 2007/08/Joint Winner 2009
Motor Sport Challenge Winner 2008/Joint Winner 2009

<font size=2><font color=RoyalBlue>
</font></font>

IC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2019, 14:15   #4
HiFlyer437

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC View Post
Hi, the registration plate may be worth selling seperately to the car if it has V70R in it!
I think he means it’s an R-registration V70...R730xxx by the looks of the front end pic.
HiFlyer437 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HiFlyer437 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 3rd, 2019, 14:16   #5
HiFlyer437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Murden View Post

Many thanks, Paul
You may have more luck in the P1 section - this is for the P2 from late 2000 onwards. GLWS
HiFlyer437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2019, 17:00   #6
XCR
Master Member

Do yourself a favour and unmask the reg plate. This gives interested parties a chance to see the advisories (if any) from the last MOT and make an informed offer. If its all guesswork, the offer will likely be a low one.
State the mileage too along with Manual/Auto, engine size, petrol/diesel etc....

GLWTS !
XCR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XCR For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 9th, 2019, 11:15   #7
Paul Murden

Many thanks for the feedback folks I'll pass your thoughts onto my Dad. For the record the reg is R730 PBW
Paul Murden is offline   Reply With Quote