Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members CarsBlogs Help Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Early 1984 240 DL Saloon Breaking.

Views : 3822

Replies : 48

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 21:59   #21
minty
Trader
 
minty's Avatar
 

Last Online: Oct 8th, 2019 17:29
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Derby County FC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnumpi View Post
If the rear bumper/trims are the same as an 88glt i'm interested in those.

I think i sent you a txt last week about the same.
Hi yes sorry i was a bit unable last week.
I have the black trims you ask of.

If you would like to text me your number i am sure we can sort something out for you, Thanks Minty
__________________
1991 480 ES
1989 240 GL
1997 V70
minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 23:33   #22
BigGreenThing
Member
 

Last Online: Mar 29th, 2019 00:18
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hassocks
Default

Minty - thanks for message. Apparently I cannot respond to pm's until I've put up 30 posts...being a newbie - that's not quite happened yet!

It is the T pipe, it is part of ERG system, it has diff. coloured 1/8 of an inch pipes feeding out of it (3 of 'em).

If you're interested in shifting small bits and have that one, that'd be great. Hppily pay good price. If you've the fuel relay - I'd buy that too.

Email:

garlaj43 at volkswagon1.plus.com

Cheers,

JG
BigGreenThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 23:37   #23
minty
Trader
 
minty's Avatar
 

Last Online: Oct 8th, 2019 17:29
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Derby County FC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreenThing View Post
Minty - thanks for message. Apparently I cannot respond to pm's until I've put up 30 posts...being a newbie - that's not quite happened yet!

It is the T pipe, it is part of ERG system, it has diff. coloured 1/8 of an inch pipes feeding out of it (3 of 'em).

If you're interested in shifting small bits and have that one, that'd be great. Hppily pay good price. If you've the fuel relay - I'd buy that too.

Email:

garlaj43 at volkswagon1.plus.com

Cheers,

JG
Hi buddy,
not sure as i can help with the pipe as the car i am breaking is the carb model and i am assuming you have the injection system(correct me if i am wrong)
I can certainly help with a fuel pump relay but please can you confirm what colour your relay is. Thanks Minty
__________________
1991 480 ES
1989 240 GL
1997 V70
minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 12:25   #24
BigGreenThing
Member
 

Last Online: Mar 29th, 2019 00:18
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hassocks
Default

Hi minty,

Definitely a carb on on the beast. On B230k. I took photos this morning before work as queried what they do and how i can get them in a post on carbs 230k with HonestJoe, so will post piccies on here when i get home.

Will check fuel pump relay this eve also and feedback.

Cheers, JG
BigGreenThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 12:34   #25
minty
Trader
 
minty's Avatar
 

Last Online: Oct 8th, 2019 17:29
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Derby County FC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreenThing View Post
Hi minty,

Definitely a carb on on the beast. On B230k. I took photos this morning before work as queried what they do and how i can get them in a post on carbs 230k with HonestJoe, so will post piccies on here when i get home.

Will check fuel pump relay this eve also and feedback.

Cheers, JG
Fantastic, look forward to hearing from you, Minty
__________________
1991 480 ES
1989 240 GL
1997 V70
minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 22:19   #26
BigGreenThing
Member
 

Last Online: Mar 29th, 2019 00:18
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hassocks
Unhappy

Minty,

Cannot upload jpegs. Site has given me the following error...3 times!!!

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing".

What's a security token?!?Once I get this sorted - photos should come through.

Honestly - I reckon it's easier to strip a Solex CISAC carb than upload photos here!!

JG
BigGreenThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 22:31   #27
minty
Trader
 
minty's Avatar
 

Last Online: Oct 8th, 2019 17:29
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Derby County FC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreenThing View Post
Minty,

Cannot upload jpegs. Site has given me the following error...3 times!!!

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing".

What's a security token?!?Once I get this sorted - photos should come through.

Honestly - I reckon it's easier to strip a Solex CISAC carb than upload photos here!!

JG
You may be right and this may not be a good time to tell you that the car i am breaking has the Stromberg carb!!!!!. Fuel pump relay should not be a problem though Sorry buddy
__________________
1991 480 ES
1989 240 GL
1997 V70
minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 22:34   #28
luke825
Senior Member
 

Last Online: May 14th, 2019 14:07
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nottingham
Default

hi minty. what dizzy is with the engine?points or the electronic one with the plug? if possible would like that with the rolling shell and carb unless already sold. let me know if it affects price already agreed. cheers luke
luke825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 22:44   #29
minty
Trader
 
minty's Avatar
 

Last Online: Oct 8th, 2019 17:29
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Derby County FC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke825 View Post
hi minty. what dizzy is with the engine?points or the electronic one with the plug? if possible would like that with the rolling shell and carb unless already sold. let me know if it affects price already agreed. cheers luke
Hi Luke,I will check the dizzy in the morning for you. The carb works like a dream and is still for sale. like a prat i forgot what price we agreed??. Text me a reminder will you buddy 07856 270203 Cheers Minty
__________________
1991 480 ES
1989 240 GL
1997 V70
minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 22:54   #30
luke825
Senior Member
 

Last Online: May 14th, 2019 14:07
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nottingham
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by minty View Post
Hi Luke,I will check the dizzy in the morning for you. The carb works like a dream and is still for sale. like a prat i forgot what price we agreed??. Text me a reminder will you buddy 07856 270203 Cheers Minty
have done chap. cheers. luke
luke825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:41.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.