Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Favourite Feature & Worst Feature of Your SPA Volvo

Views : 8726

Replies : 86

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 22nd, 2019, 14:53   #31
Mavi57

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoman View Post
Best, the ambience.

Worst,The lag in the infotainment system when you turn on the engine. Sometimes, I could drive 500 metres or more before I get option to use the sat nav!
Do you have the latest software update? Nov 2018
Mavi57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2019, 15:08   #32
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoman View Post
Best, the ambience.

Worst,The lag in the infotainment system when you turn on the engine. Sometimes, I could drive 500 metres or more before I get option to use the sat nav!
To add to this, it's also very annoying that everything shuts down as soon as you open the drivers door!

:wq
Old Mar 22nd, 2019, 18:49   #33
yeoman
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavi57 View Post
Do you have the latest software update? Nov 2018
No. I reckon I will get it with my service which is due next month.
yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2019, 23:19   #34
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMUK View Post
Hi Guys,

Thought I'd start a fun thread, basically just your favourite thing and your most annoying thing about your car, one of each :-)

Thanks!
Like.
The styling inside and out.

Build quality

The way it drives generally

Wipers and washers plus the headlights.

Firmware updates have enhanced many features since I've had the car. Latest simplified the driver profile changes to memory. However the ventilation blower now blows hard after a cold start, which I'm sure it didn't used to. [Brrr.]

Dislikes.

The door sill on the XC90 extends too far from passengers and the doors do not extend down past the sills.

Seat cushions are too hard with not enough padding

Tyre noise.

Lack of standard CarPlay/Auto and only single USB in front.

Sat-nav and traffic sign recognition is not quite good enough.

The start/stop system that is far too eager to stop the engine. My Honda does it so much better, needing a heftier push on the brake while at a standstill to shut down, which means I can choose when it does so, just as I can in manual cars.

Last edited by Quacker; Mar 22nd, 2019 at 23:24.
Quacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2019, 08:21   #35
Quonker

Best: love the performance of my T8, especially when pulling away at the lights and embarrassing boy racers.

Worst: so called internal “Theatre Lighting” what a joke.
Old Mar 23rd, 2019, 08:34   #36
James77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldex View Post
My favorite? It is THE safest vehicle ever tested by EuroNCAP. And it looks great, inside-out, while being super comfy and feeding my frenzy for hi tech

Worst? I’ll give you two: The overly conservative, uncustomizable driver and sensus displays. The totally useless tiny ski hatch that replaced the 40-20-40 split rear bench.

We are in agreement on the rear bench.

But hi tech not guite so sure. Have you seen the Audi virtual cockpit woth Google maps which is very customizable that's streets ahead.
James77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to James77 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 23rd, 2019, 16:44   #37
Haldex
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James77 View Post
But hi tech not guite so sure. Have you seen the Audi virtual cockpit woth Google maps which is very customizable that's streets ahead.
Ofcourse- that’s why my first “worst” feature is the lack of customisation on SPA cars. They have one of the best driver and infotainment displays (in terms of size, resolution and dashboard integration..) in the business- yet they choose to utilize a fraction of its capabilities..

“Hi tech” merely starts with the displays.. Volvo has one of the best driver assistance suites- VAG has yet to offer something as advanced and functional as Intellisafe. The buttonless dash with an iPad-like driver interface is as intuitive and aesthetically correct as it gets. The little things- such as gyro- triggered auto handbrake on inclines still amaze me after one and a half year of ownership. Or “Time for a break?” popup (while proposing a next exit with a coffee shop/restaurant!) if the car feels that my steering is off. Deflating lumbar support to provide for ease of entry! Etc , etc. A tech guy like myself has got to love this stuff!

XC40 B4 RD AWD
Haldex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haldex For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 24th, 2019, 13:27   #38
PaulBendall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quonker View Post
Best: love the performance of my T8, especially when pulling away at the lights and embarrassing boy racers.

Worst: so called internal “Theatre Lighting” what a joke.
I'll second both of those. Volvo really need to sort out some of the finer details, or lack of, when it comes to lighting and display. Best lighting for me was old Audi S3 and A4, subtle, unobtrusive lighting using hidden LEDs and reflection to great effect.

Paul
The Following User Says Thank You to PaulBendall For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 28th, 2019, 14:55   #39
James77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldex View Post
Ofcourse- that’s why my first “worst” feature is the lack of customisation on SPA cars. They have one of the best driver and infotainment displays (in terms of size, resolution and dashboard integration..) in the business- yet they choose to utilize a fraction of its capabilities..

“Hi tech” merely starts with the displays.. Volvo has one of the best driver assistance suites- VAG has yet to offer something as advanced and functional as Intellisafe. The buttonless dash with an iPad-like driver interface is as intuitive and aesthetically correct as it gets. The little things- such as gyro- triggered auto handbrake on inclines still amaze me after one and a half year of ownership. Or “Time for a break?” popup (while proposing a next exit with a coffee shop/restaurant!) if the car feels that my steering is off. Deflating lumbar support to provide for ease of entry! Etc , etc. A tech guy like myself has got to love this stuff!
VAG offers exactly the same system as Intellisafe and more to boot! Of course that will cost additional coin
All RR's deflate and lower seats when the engine is turned off.
I quite like the I-Pad affair but there should be a few buttons for most used features such as climate. Perhaps Volvo could borrow a few buttons from Porsche
James77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to James77 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 28th, 2019, 21:01   #40
Haldex
Premier Member

Can’t seem to post a reply..

XC40 B4 RD AWD
Haldex is offline   Reply With Quote