Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 wind deflectors - Climair or Heko...?

Views : 1316

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 4th, 2020, 07:39   #1
Ant B

Default V70 wind deflectors - Climair or Heko...?

Looking to get some wind deflectors for my V70, research suggests either Climair or Team Heko as being the two most popular brands; anyone fitted either of these? Is one brand better than the other? Any issues with either brand; poor fit, poor quality, degrades quickly etc.?

Cost not really an issue, they’re both similar, just interested if anyone had any experience with either before I order some up!

Thanks...
Old Jul 4th, 2020, 07:59   #2
krzemien

For your consideration:

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=307288
Old Jul 4th, 2020, 09:08   #3
Ant B

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzemien View Post
Ooops, thanks; I did a quick search on here and google, somehow missed that one though and it’s only from a week ago!! So that’s one negative for the Heko (although I don’t have the laminated glass, but sounds like the clips can be problematic, whereas Climair I don’t think use clips).

Also to add; if Volvo themselves do some wind deflectors for a P3 V70 I’d happily buy those (even at what will likely be twice the cost of the others), I couldn’t find any OEM Volvo ones though, but if anyone knows they exist and can point them out to me, that would be great too, thanks!
Old Jul 4th, 2020, 11:49   #4
Ukwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant B View Post
Ooops, thanks; I did a quick search on here and google, somehow missed that one though and it’s only from a week ago!! So that’s one negative for the Heko (although I don’t have the laminated glass, but sounds like the clips can be problematic, whereas Climair I don’t think use clips).

Also to add; if Volvo themselves do some wind deflectors for a P3 V70 I’d happily buy those (even at what will likely be twice the cost of the others), I couldn’t find any OEM Volvo ones though, but if anyone knows they exist and can point them out to me, that would be great too, thanks!
Fitted Climair wind deflectors to all my cars past and present. They’re easy to fit, don’t use clips and they’re more flexible to fit than the others.
Ukwide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukwide For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 12th, 2020, 15:54   #5
Ant B

To update this thread for anyone else pondering the same question; I bought the Climair in the end, they've been fitted about a month now.

They're good quality (as they should be for the price, probably 50% more than most other makes), supplied with instructions (in German!!) and some fixing tape for the rear ones, and were very easy to fit. I'll be honest they bent a lot more than I thought / more than I was comfortable bending them, but I guess that's how they stay in place on the car.

As per the instructions it took a while for the windows to become reset to the new positions (they can't go fully closed any more, they only go say 95% of the way up because the deflector is there), and even though the instructions say to do the windows open and closed 5+ times to allow the car to 're-learn' this it took a while longer for mine - sometimes I'd closed the windows with the remote when leaving the car and one would come down again, obviously thinking it had detected something blocking the window. All settled down within a few days though.

Do they work? Well, yes and no! I wanted them because my kids insist on opening the back windows at speed, which creates a repetitive vacuum-type noise that gives you a headache, and while they have reduced that noise it's not gone altogether. I think it has also increased wind-noise at speed with the windows up (not surprising, there's something sticking an extra 2-3" out of the car), but on the whole they do pretty much what I thought they would, can't complain.

Some pics below of the kit, and them fitted to the car (I know the car's filthy before anyone pulls me up)!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg V70 Climair 1.jpg (214.0 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg V70 Climair 2.jpg (211.2 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg V70 Climair 5.jpg (213.1 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg V70 Climair 6.jpg (251.8 KB, 51 views)
Old Aug 25th, 2022, 11:39   #6
bananarama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant B View Post
Some pics below of the kit, and them fitted to the car (I know the car's filthy before anyone pulls me up)!!
If you get the chance, would you be able to add a close-up picture of the wind mirror area? I'm curious to see how the deflector is fitted in relation to the seals.
bananarama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2022, 18:05   #7
Ant B

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananarama View Post
If you get the chance, would you be able to add a close-up picture of the wind mirror area? I'm curious to see how the deflector is fitted in relation to the seals.
Sadly not, I took them off the car last year., sorry..