Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

For Sale in Dublin: S40 2.0 Auto

Views : 517

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 31st, 2014, 01:47   #1
irishcarfan
Master Member

Default For Sale in Dublin: S40 2.0 Auto

Hi chaps,

After many years of faithful service, have decided to part with my old S40. I'll be sticking it up on the usual websites in the next day or two, but thought I'd mention it here first...as frankly I'd prefer it went to a good home. I know you're all mostly UK-based, but as a long-shot, maybe someone Ireland-based is floating around. The reason I'm selling the car is I bought a 2007 Saab 9-5. Call me crazy...

The S40 has been in our family for the last 10 years or so, my sister being the second owner from new. It has always been well-maintained. The pictures show it before any clean-up jobs - i.e. it's kept clean at all times.
  • 2.0 Automatic.
  • 102,000 miles.
  • NCT 07/15
  • Tax is about to run out.
  • 2 new Bridgestone Potenzas about 500 miles ago and 2 Bridgestones a few thousand miles before that. Still have many thousands left in them.
  • Car drives without any knocks or squeaks - feels very tight.
  • Electric Sunroof + AC
  • Car is in daily use and has never been parked up etc.

Bad points:
  • Car was 'keyed' by some jerk before we got it, most notably on boot lid. Has various minor parking dings and stone chip, but the car has no rust. It's all cosmetic and still perfectly presentable.
  • Cassette function on stereo gave up a few years ago but radio works fine.
  • Faded plastic trim comes up well with Son of a Gun, but that only lasts a few months.

I'm probably forgetting loads of stuff but feel free to shoot me any questions. It's had a pretty easy life with us, never towed anything, never taken off road. I'll be asking somewhere in the region of €1,250 for it.

I've set up an email address: volvos40dublin@gmail.com if anyone has any questions.

Cheers,
Geoff

SAM_1505.jpg

SAM_1506.jpg

SAM_1507.jpg

SAM_1508.jpg

SAM_1509.jpg

SAM_1510.jpg

SAM_1511.jpg

SAM_1512.jpg

SAM_1513.jpg

SAM_1514.jpg