Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

vacuum pump

Views : 625

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 21st, 2017, 19:12   #1
Anubisxc70
Master Member

Default vacuum pump

Hello to all

Today i got my used replacement vacuum pump for my 2003 xc70 d5. but i guess there is a missing part ...the axle that goes in the center???
There is also oil coming from the exit that goes to the brake booster....is it normal??
What is the dimension of the vacuum tubes, i want to replace them for new silicone ones...what you think?
Anyone knows where can i buy a repair kit for this pump VOLVO V70 D5 (2000-07) 2.4 DIESEL BRAKE VACUUM PUMP 08699237.....3th party seals....

Many Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: gif bombavolvo.gif (283.1 KB, 35 views)
Anubisxc70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2017, 10:13   #2
gammakeith

Yes, there is a small plunger missing on that pump. From recollection it just pulls off so you should be able to use the one off your old pump. I used a second hand pump (without replacing seals) and that cured my problem. They are actually very simple things so little to fail. However, I suspect the usual failure mode is the output check valves so if you do get a kit make sure these are included. There are two and one of mine (the smaller one to engine mounts and turbo) was stuck open (hence the lack of vacuum). You can check easily by sucking/blowing on each outlet to check if the one-way valve is working. If OK, I would just slap it on :-)

Keith
gammakeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2017, 11:46   #3
Anubisxc70
Master Member

LOL.

Many Thanks Keith
Old Oct 26th, 2017, 22:22   #4
Dependent007

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammakeith View Post
Yes, there is a small plunger missing on that pump. From recollection it just pulls off so you should be able to use the one off your old pump. I used a second hand pump (without replacing seals) and that cured my problem. They are actually very simple things so little to fail. However, I suspect the usual failure mode is the output check valves so if you do get a kit make sure these are included. There are two and one of mine (the smaller one to engine mounts and turbo) was stuck open (hence the lack of vacuum). You can check easily by sucking/blowing on each outlet to check if the one-way valve is working. If OK, I would just slap it on :-)

Keith
Sucking/blowing!!
Always a good idea.
Dependent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2018, 16:22   #5
bertrandls

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammakeith View Post

Keith
This one-way valve is a mistery... Do you have any part number please, or any informations? You seem to be the only one AND my dealer to know about it...
Thanks
bertrandls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2018, 16:40   #6
Anubisxc70
Master Member

Hello.

Well the one i bought works perfectly. That plunger was missing yes so i used the one of my old vacuum pump. What is it for? well i guess it controls the amount of oil that goes inside the vacuum pump, its really almost an axle.
Take a look at this post i know it has a defect but at least gives you a good look about it.

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=163428

This part will go inside the engine to camshaft .....dont comment me on this , i think it is. It rotates and produces vacuum