Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Original Sensus Maps update

Views : 84535

Replies : 408

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 12th, 2017, 12:08   #291
Maverick440

Default update issues

Hi Guys

Just got my 2016MY R design and was hoping to update the navigation.
Ive downloaded the file from the volvo website onto a fresh 63gb USB stick that formatted Fat32 and it will not recognize the files, what am i doing wrong?

The Navigation on the car is currenty saying its map version 31421838AA.

Am i correct inn thinking all you have to do is switch on the ignition, select NAV and the insert the USB stick and the system should automaticaly update?
Maverick440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2017, 17:57   #292
Maverick440

Question which update?

Ok im confused.

For a 2017MY XC60 which sensus update do i use:
1, Sensus update MCA Europe.exe
or
2, Sensus update SPA Europe.exe.
Maverick440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2017, 19:10   #293
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick440 View Post
Ok im confused.

For a 2017MY XC60 which sensus update do i use:
1, Sensus update MCA Europe.exe
or
2, Sensus update SPA Europe.exe.
MCA.
Have a look at the last few pages of this thread. You will see some screenshots of the files you should have downloaded.
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=267738
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NigelDay For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 13th, 2017, 16:19   #294
wackpac

Hi all
I just had my 2011 s60 at my local dealership to update the sensus system
Its now software version 1220
I dl'ed the maps onto a 32gb sandisk usb and put it in on my way to work
It recognised the maps and prompted me if id like to update - pressed ok but then asked me to enter activation code ??
I pressed ok then said it will be 2h55
I then pressed exit to close.
Is this right?
I had only 50min in the car today so was not expecting it to be done but im not sure it is doing anything since i didnt enter a code

was not expecting the activation code request
wackpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2017, 18:41   #295
Whiterdesign
Master Member

What update did you have. The update for the downloadable maps is a cost item. If you are being asked for an activation code then this has not been done.
Old Jul 13th, 2017, 19:06   #296
wackpac

The invoice said software update to allow usb map updates and this is what I asked for.
The software version did change to version 1220 and I now have a "trip page" in the my car menu. this was not there before

I paid 59.90 at volvo Milton keynes
wackpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2017, 20:34   #297
Mick787

Maverick440, if it's any consolation my situation is exactly the same. I have contacted Volvo UK and my initial impressions were great. However, after a few weeks of what turned out to be numerous e mails and utterbulls**t, I am still in exactly the same situation.
My XC60, which Volvo UK says is MY16, shows the same sat nav details as yours. Volvo UK sent me a 64gb USB stick with what they had come from their tech department and they said were the latest updates for my car. Nothing happened. Yes there is something on the USB stick but who knows what they have sent. The person at Volvo UK said my car did need map up dates and they could be done on a 32gb USB stick, when I said their web site says I would need a 64gb stick and they had sent me one of those but nothing had happened, they they said the new models needed a 64gb stick. I sent them the link to their web site and then they said 'go to your dealer'.
Before I bought the car about 7 weeks ago, the main dealership assured me the maps were up to date. I just don't know what or who to believe. Taking the car to the dealers will undoubtably cost. I will have to go there but I will be saying I want this done foc.
Mick787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2017, 21:32   #298
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick787 View Post
Maverick440, if it's any consolation my situation is exactly the same. I have contacted Volvo UK and my initial impressions were great. However, after a few weeks of what turned out to be numerous e mails and utterbulls**t, I am still in exactly the same situation.
My XC60, which Volvo UK says is MY16, shows the same sat nav details as yours. Volvo UK sent me a 64gb USB stick with what they had come from their tech department and they said were the latest updates for my car. Nothing happened. Yes there is something on the USB stick but who knows what they have sent. The person at Volvo UK said my car did need map up dates and they could be done on a 32gb USB stick, when I said their web site says I would need a 64gb stick and they had sent me one of those but nothing had happened, they they said the new models needed a 64gb stick. I sent them the link to their web site and then they said 'go to your dealer'.
Before I bought the car about 7 weeks ago, the main dealership assured me the maps were up to date. I just don't know what or who to believe. Taking the car to the dealers will undoubtably cost. I will have to go there but I will be saying I want this done foc.
I think the new 90-platform cars require a 64Gb USB, but 'first generation' XC60 only requires a 32Gb USB. Have they sent the right software ?
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
Old Jul 13th, 2017, 23:21   #299
Mick787

Hi Nigelday, from your screen shots, it appears to be different. Volvo UK say go to the dealers, from having told them what car I have and the chassis number, I would have thought they would have sent the correct files for the car. I understand cars can be sat in a field before being registered also models can be fitted with upgrades as they go down the production line, hence, having given all the info to Volvo UK I would hope they would have known what they were doing and not waste my time.
Mick787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2017, 23:31   #300
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick787 View Post
Hi Nigelday, from your screen shots, it appears to be different. Volvo UK say go to the dealers, from having told them what car I have and the chassis number, I would have thought they would have sent the correct files for the car. I understand cars can be sat in a field before being registered also models can be fitted with upgrades as they go down the production line, hence, having given all the info to Volvo UK I would hope they would have known what they were doing and not waste my time.
As we both have MY16 you should have the same files. The website should point you to the correct download link.