Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Noise when auto hold disengages

Views : 2766

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 9th, 2018, 08:55   #21
MaDProFF
Master Member

I will try it today, and really listen
MaDProFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2018, 15:45   #22
MaDProFF
Master Member

No Mechcanical Noise at all, just a slight squeak of brake pads when the pressure is being put on and off while car is slightly moving or moving off, and I mean slight for a second, and this is in pure mode, with no music on, so you can hear everything.

Works pretty seamless great for stop start traffic.
MaDProFF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MaDProFF For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 9th, 2018, 19:38   #23
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
Likewise, no annoying noise just the very slight noise you would expect from the release of the brakes.
Same here. Either there is something wrong with the OP's car or with the OP. I'll give the benefit of doubt to the owner, but I've seen it all in my time.
Old Nov 10th, 2018, 09:22   #24
GTA SOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
Same here. Either there is something wrong with the OP's car or with the OP. I'll give the benefit of doubt to the owner, but I've seen it all in my time.
Thanks for that - I’m honoured 😉
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 20:23   #25
GTA SOL

Well, to resurrect an old thread, while the dealer was trying to fix the ‘auto hold’ noise they managed to do ‘something’ to the brakes which significantly increased the amount of ‘travel’ on the brake pedal before the brakes kicked in.

The dealer had Volvo involved and had my car for over 2 months but could still not ‘fix’ the brakes / get them back to an acceptable state. The service manager agree that comparing my XC60s brakes with those of a few other Demo XC60s was like night and day.

So the upshot is my car has been ‘returned’ and I’ve a replacement higher spec XC60 as my new car. Higher mileage than my original one but it’s an Inscription D5 (with a few extras) as opposed to my original Momentum D4. A little extra money but happy overall.
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 21:03   #26
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA SOL View Post
Well, to resurrect an old thread, while the dealer was trying to fix the ‘auto hold’ noise they managed to do ‘something’ to the brakes which significantly increased the amount of ‘travel’ on the brake pedal before the brakes kicked in.

The dealer had Volvo involved and had my car for over 2 months but could still not ‘fix’ the brakes / get them back to an acceptable state. The service manager agree that comparing my XC60s brakes with those of a few other Demo XC60s was like night and day.

So the upshot is my car has been ‘returned’ and I’ve a replacement higher spec XC60 as my new car. Higher mileage than my original one but it’s an Inscription D5 (with a few extras) as opposed to my original Momentum D4. A little extra money but happy overall.
Wow! Amazing how they simply cannot fix some things. Wonder what will happen to your car now? Back to the factory for proper analysis? Or just offloaded to auction? I just cant comprehend how something cannot be fixed.....
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 21:50   #27
NickV90

Did they say what the original noise was though? I've had it from new on my V90. And it is every time... I thought it was a feature....
NickV90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 22:29   #28
GTA SOL

Not sure what is happening with my old car. I was at the dealer today and it’s still there being worked on - they are liaising with Volvo to try and fix the brakes. A month ago when I was still trying to get my old car back I did suggest that they simply ‘undid’ whatever fix they had applied to the auto hold in the hope it would fix the brakes but they said it was not that simple. I think they had replaced ‘some unit’ to try and fix the auto hold and so it was not as simply as just ‘rolling back’ the fix.

As for the original auto hold issue, they managed to reduce the ‘grinding noise’ but not fully fix it.