Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Weird issue with the gas pedal (?)

Views : 697

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 13th, 2018, 12:03   #1
tymkowy

Question Weird issue with the gas pedal (?)

Hi guys! It's my first thread here, so I'm going to introduce myself, I'm Tymek, from Rzeszow, Poland, owner of 08' C30 1.6D.

I have weird issue with my car. I'm driving it for 4 months and it had never happened before. Few days ago while driving on a highway I noticed that my car has no power. Acceleration was like it weights a few tonnes. I thought it may be turbo, which leaks a bit so it needs some regeneration, but when I started the engine the next day everything was fine. The next day I was driving on a highway the issue has repeated. Pedal to the metal and the car was accelerating from 100 to 120km/h in about... 10 seconds? After coming back home, I turned the engine off for a 5 minutes, then turned it on and everything seemed to be fine again. Today while I was driving to work the car has jerked and the engine revs started to go down, without any reaction on a gas pedal. When I almost stopped because of no reaction the car showed all of the lights on the dash. Then I turned the engine off and on again and it is running with no issues.

Has anybody faced a problem like this? What should I check at first?
There's no check-engine or any faults.
tymkowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2018, 16:32   #2
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Witam krajana
Although I am not proficient in diesels, I would advise you to check the state of throttle body and/or TCV, those 2 things are usually culprit for car's sluggishness. TB can be inspected and cleaned - 99% of cars that didnt have it done for a while you will find a lot of nasty goo in it, creating all the issues. TCV would give you a more of "no boost" issuedepending what you feel under the pedal.
"no faults" you mean as no visible ones? EML will only display in case of obvious problems but a lot of turbo related issues (like TCV not working correctly for example) may not trigger the warning, but will still store error in cars computer. I would advice you getting even the most simple OBD2 reader (you can pick it up for 30-40pln on Allegro etc) that will connect to your phone and provide vital answers using Torque app. It will also highlight all main errors and allow you to observe car's data in real time, for example - reported boost pressure, fuel pressure etc. It may atleast push you in the right direction.
Old Nov 19th, 2018, 21:17   #3
tymkowy

Dzięki za odpowiedz!

The issue has been fixed. It was a fuel filter, which caused low fuel pressure, I've read errors through OBD as you recommended, Torque showed P0089 code. After changing filter everything seems to be fine. Thanks for help!
tymkowy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c30, c30 1.6d, c30 no power