Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

DAB Bluetooth double DIN radio to replace V70 radio

Views : 2858

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 29th, 2014, 15:28   #11
brickman
Premier Member

In the other thread you mentioned your car has the 'SC900' stereo, which only outputs a pre-out to the amp, and then to the speakers.

It could be you can just plug and play an aftermarket stereo in there and it will pump direct to the factory speakers (generally very good) via teh factory wiring, but bypassing the amp (as you are connecting via the ISO block, and not the Multi-DIN), meaning you aren't making use of that cracking amp in the boot (or under the seat), and it'll sound, really, pretty tame.

I think C70's also have crossover's and a weird parallel wiring arrangement in the front speakers too? Someone else will need to confirm that, but it could mean its not as plug and play as it is in a regular S/V70

Personally, unless you are desperate for DAB, I'd fix your existing stereo and then do the input hack so you can connect an Ipod/DAB/digital tag along system to it via an auxilary (whilst still getting CD type sound quality, not the ****ty cassette adapter method).
brickman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brickman For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 19:49   #12
Paul Wildsmith
Register Keeper

just a note, on my car, at least, there is no wiring direct to the speakers - just the 6 pin DIN which goes to the separate power amp. You will lose the dolby processor and centre speaker in the process.

I'd agree with the input mod to use a USB/MP3 music source as good option - I've only fitted this all singing/dancing gizmo mentioned earlier as I like gizmos and have run out of other things to do (on the C70 or my S80).
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 18:12   #13
krussel
Premier Member

If you go down the adapter route I recommend the Yatour with Bluetooth.

You can store 600+ tracks in mp3 format and use the radio to select the tracks.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=186980
krussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 19:14   #14
Arnold Layne

I've had a DAB adapter in it for years, it's an Acoustic Solution DAB ICS

but even though it's display is not very bright anymore, it still works well enough. The problem is the Volvo radio which it's connected to, which is failing.
Arnold Layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2014, 23:48   #15
Arnold Layne

I've got my eye on this JVC KW DB60AT, which seems to tick all the boxes for me. I will say however, that it's not the prettiest. It might look nicer if you could change that typeface.

I measured the aperture in my 1999 V70, and it's exactly Double Din, ie: 19cm X 12cm. I needed to make sure of this because Halfords and my local Auto Installer were convinced (without having seen the car), that I would need a special facia adapting plate.

Anyone had experience with this JVC?
Arnold Layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2023, 12:32   #16
Toplights
VOC Member 23660

Default Thread reserection.

May need to replace radio in my 98 v70 20v. what's the best modern replacement, not too bothered on price but quality and able to run my phone (hands free) through it. Thanks all. PS plug and play if possible.

Last edited by Toplights; Sep 23rd, 2023 at 12:36.
Toplights is offline   Reply With Quote