Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Towing and Caravan Topics
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Towing and Caravan Topics A forum for all towing/caravanning related topics

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Trailer towing B and B+E licence rules explained

Views : 5731

Replies : 52

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 22nd, 2012, 16:29   #51
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
So even though I have passed my car test,and P is a given as a result of doing so,does the fact P is not on my licence mean I am not allowed to ride a moped?

Its been like this for nigh on 3 decades and I have only just noticed now!! I do not fancy contacting the Dvla as I have heard horror stories about people losing certain entitlement when they alter their licence, eg a simple change of address even, and I do not really need moped anyway!!

Cheers
Just ensure you take a photocopy (front and back (both photo and paper parts)).

Safe as houses - stop being a Wuss!!

Although with full 'Cat A' Entitlement you have the ability to ride a moped anyway with or without 'P' on your license. As a matter of interest did the P disappear when you attained Cat A?

Last edited by SonyVaio; May 22nd, 2012 at 16:32.
SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 00:23   #52
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyVaio View Post
Just ensure you take a photocopy (front and back (both photo and paper parts)).

Safe as houses - stop being a Wuss!!

Although with full 'Cat A' Entitlement you have the ability to ride a moped anyway with or without 'P' on your license. As a matter of interest did the P disappear when you attained Cat A?

I misplaced my licence and got a new one about 3 years after passing my car test. As I say I was stopped shortly after passing my car test for having no L plates on a moped and all was fine.

I have not attained full Cat A, its provisional Cat A.

I have no idea when the 'P' disappeared, I only realised yesterday or the day before..lol

Regards

ps anyway I couldn't actually see myself on a moped, I would look a wuss....lol
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 08:37   #53
R0G

You got me to look at my licence and at the bottom of the categories list on the photocard I have fklnp listed
R0G is offline   Reply With Quote