Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 960 Exec 24v 1995 needs a good home

Views : 3326

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 1st, 2016, 16:47   #21
dme123
Master Member

Yeah I'm actually looking for a half decent V90/960 estate but this all seems weirdly elusive and mysterious to the point I can't really be arsed with it!
dme123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2016, 15:31   #22
Revvolvo

Default Interest

Dear Chris
If you could email photos to gaz.daly@st-james.org.uk

And tell me if there is MOT etc...
Many thanks.

Gaz
Revvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2016, 22:57   #23
Volvanman
Slewmeister...

Good luck with that Gaz! 😱

97 940 HPT, 25mm H&R spacers, Tethys alloys - 225/45 rear & 215/45 front, slotted discs all round & EBC Yellowstuff pads, MBC @ 14psi, 19t, blue injectors, 3" turbo back single silencer system... 96 960 3.0 Auto
Volvanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2016, 18:22   #24
Chris Ridley

Many thanks for your interest, Yes the 960 is still available, please come and have a look, please let me have an email address and I'll send you some snaps of the old Girl

Regards Chris
Chris Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2016, 18:36   #25
Volvanman
Slewmeister...

Default Are you serious?

Chris, are you actually serious about selling this vehicle??

You sent me a few long distance external pictures, which looked good. I emailed you back commenting as such & asking if you had any closer, interior, & engine bay shots, and I've heard nothing from you since. I even gave this thread a bump a while back. I can categorically say I'm not at all interested now as I think you're a time waster, but if you are serious about selling, I'd suggest you post the pictures on this thread, let everyone know how much you're looking for, AND get back to people when contact you about it... 😡

97 940 HPT, 25mm H&R spacers, Tethys alloys - 225/45 rear & 215/45 front, slotted discs all round & EBC Yellowstuff pads, MBC @ 14psi, 19t, blue injectors, 3" turbo back single silencer system... 96 960 3.0 Auto
Volvanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2016, 19:05   #26
Chris Ridley

Default Sad

Hi Jerry, thanks for your feedback, please note the forum wont let me include my email address in any replies as it appears I don't have the required posting to allow me this facility, so have to wait for interested parties to contact me and give me their email address just like you, and as for price that is something personal to be decided between the buyer and seller ! You're obviously not interested as you've told me that twice to date so ill cross you off PB list.
Chris Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2016, 10:26   #27
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

While 'Chris Ridley' is undoubtedly correct that price is a personal matter between vendor and purchaser, and while I would not go as far to suggest that he is a time waster, 'Volvanman' does offer some very sensible and practical advice.

I, too, feel that Chris would strengthen his prospects of a sale if he included a 'guide' price in his advertisement. I, too, like the look of Chris's car.

For me, had he said 'offers on £1000', I would probably have taken him up on his offer of viewing the car. At £2000, I most likely would not, but may have done if I was convinced that it was very, very good and close to my ideal specification. At £3000, and there is a V90 currently available elsewhere at £3250, I would not waste Chris's time. Others may think differently.

I just wonder if Chris might be having second thoughts about selling his beloved 960. I know that I would not have parted with my 745 of 18 years ownership if it had not catastrophically failed it's MOT in January.

Let's not be too harsh on him!

Regards, John.
Old Mar 9th, 2016, 15:59   #28
740Andy

Hi Chris,
Is the 960 still free ?
Iam also new so cant PM.
But could you email me on AndyLyons@Gmail.com
I am a serious buyer and would like to come down and have a proper look around it.
Thanks
Andy
740Andy is offline   Reply With Quote