Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

For Sale - 1997 Volvo S70 2.5 Manual

Views : 502

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 13th, 2024, 18:34   #1
tonkertruck

Default For Sale - 1997 Volvo S70 2.5 Manual

Hi everyone,

I'm selling my Volvo S70 after 3 years of ownership as I now need the space.

It's finished in Coral Red with beige interior and has full service history since 1997. I know by posting it on here it would go to a good loving home which is exactly what it deserves.

I've attached a link with pictures at the bottom of the post, will be adding pictures of the interior once I take them.

As you can see the bodywork is in really nice condition for the age, no major dents or scratches. The front bumper is from an XC70 fitted by the previous owner I believe and has unfortunately got some scuffs on it. Lacquer peel has also begun on the spoiler. There is a little rust that's started above the windscreen on the passenger side.

In terms of interior, there is usual wear to the steering wheel, the driver's seat has a tear in the seat bottom, but other than that all is in great condition overall.

Tow bar on the rear, 200,900 miles currently (may go up while it's listed just while I give it a run occasionally).

Has 11 months remaining MOT (expires 15th Feb 2025) and no advisories on its last MOT.

Comes with two folders full of service history since new, 3 keys.

Currently have it listed on a couple of sites at £1995, open to offers and viewings are welcome!

Pics: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Av_dxhswrmnXsXV9...vAbZO?e=72F3RN

Thanks
tonkertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tonkertruck For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 13:33   #2
Roderick Plinge

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkertruck View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm selling my Volvo S70 after 3 years of ownership as I now need the space.

It's finished in Coral Red with beige interior and has full service history since 1997. I know by posting it on here it would go to a good loving home which is exactly what it deserves.

I've attached a link with pictures at the bottom of the post, will be adding pictures of the interior once I take them.

As you can see the bodywork is in really nice condition for the age, no major dents or scratches. The front bumper is from an XC70 fitted by the previous owner I believe and has unfortunately got some scuffs on it. Lacquer peel has also begun on the spoiler. There is a little rust that's started above the windscreen on the passenger side.

In terms of interior, there is usual wear to the steering wheel, the driver's seat has a tear in the seat bottom, but other than that all is in great condition overall.

Tow bar on the rear, 200,900 miles currently (may go up while it's listed just while I give it a run occasionally).

Has 11 months remaining MOT (expires 15th Feb 2025) and no advisories on its last MOT.

Comes with two folders full of service history since new, 3 keys.

Currently have it listed on a couple of sites at £1995, open to offers and viewings are welcome!

Pics: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Av_dxhswrmnXsXV9...vAbZO?e=72F3RN

Thanks

No offence meant, however, despite the substantial documented history with this car it would appear from the MoT history that many of the advisories have been ignored year after year, including some, for example the offside front cv boot that is described as “severely deteriorated” in 2019, 2020 and 2021 that are simple and cheap to address but if not addressed could lead to more serious issues. Also an oil leak and other issues that have never been addressed. I almost bought a Mercedes 190 with an absolutely impeccable service history, however, when I viewed the car the rocker gasket (a ten minute fix) had been leaking for literally years and the entire engine was soaked in oil. This makes you question the validity of the service history and on that occasion the owner seemed less than pleased that I walked away.
Roderick Plinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 18:28   #3
tonkertruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Plinge View Post
No offence meant, however, despite the substantial documented history with this car it would appear from the MoT history that many of the advisories have been ignored year after year, including some, for example the offside front cv boot that is described as “severely deteriorated” in 2019, 2020 and 2021 that are simple and cheap to address but if not addressed could lead to more serious issues. Also an oil leak and other issues that have never been addressed. I almost bought a Mercedes 190 with an absolutely impeccable service history, however, when I viewed the car the rocker gasket (a ten minute fix) had been leaking for literally years and the entire engine was soaked in oil. This makes you question the validity of the service history and on that occasion the owner seemed less than pleased that I walked away.
Oil leak and other issues that have never been addressed? The oil leak in question was found to be PAS fluid leaking from the steering rack which has since been replaced with a genuine TRW rack that was rebuilt late last year, hence why there is no oil leak on its last MOT, thus has been addressed along with all OE front suspension components.

I'm not too sure what to say about the CV boot, when I first bought the car I had it inspected and specifically asked the garage I use to confirm the condition of the boot, which they said looked normal. The garage I used to inspect the car do not offer an MOT service, however this has never come up as an advisory for the garage I used for the MOT either.

I have only owned the car since 2021 so I can only speak from my experience between then and now and what service history is there to backup what work has been previously carried out by former owners. In my ownership I have done my best to keep it up to speed with whatever it needs, whether it be preventative or not with no expense spared by buying only OE parts. I haven't treated it as a cheap runaround on a shoestring budget.

It's not a showroom example, I never said it was and is not priced as such if that's what you were hoping for (I have reduced the price already on other sites where I have it listed). But it's certainly been looked after and cared for.
tonkertruck is offline   Reply With Quote