Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Delivery Times S90

Views : 15523

Replies : 126

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 15th, 2018, 12:30   #91
Ducks

So,

3 things are happening tomorrow!

1 - Wife's car is going in for a service
2 - A6 is going to the body shop for a repair
3 - THE S90 R Design is getting delivered

Looks like Friday is new car day!

Then arrange VT for the A6 tomorrow at some point
Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2018, 14:04   #92
S90D4R

So update on mine.........................it not at the dealer for the 12th; missing the date given to me by Volvo HQ CS.

Another 2 week delay. End of next week to the dealer plus PDI then delivery.

So definitely April now.

On the phone to Volvo HQ as I type....its totally unacceptable to have to wait 30 weeks for a car IMHO. V90's in stock all over the place and at good rates.
S90D4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2018, 14:24   #93
whoami

Quote:
Originally Posted by S90D4R View Post
So update on mine.........................it not at the dealer for the 12th; missing the date given to me by Volvo HQ CS.

Another 2 week delay. End of next week to the dealer plus PDI then delivery.

So definitely April now.

On the phone to Volvo HQ as I type....its totally unacceptable to have to wait 30 weeks for a car IMHO. V90's in stock all over the place and at good rates.
Pretty much the same boat as me.

A shower of clowns.
whoami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2018, 16:22   #94
Quacker
Premier Member

12 weeks is a normal wait for a new factory order. The S90 has to travel a very long way though and I don’t know how often they do ship. Whether they batch a load together or send individually, which must make a difference.

The longest I’ve ever had to wait was twelve months for a factory order. I was the one selling at that time, not buying, and it was ridiculous. Embarrassing for me and the dealership I worked for and damaging financially and reputationaly.
That vehicle only had to come from France for goodness’ sake!
Old Mar 15th, 2018, 22:03   #95
S90D4R

Who cares if it has to come from China, the difference in shipping times between Europe and China is more than reflected in the gargantuan lead times.

The problems must run deeper than this; as I have posted before even Volvo put a press release out saying that the XC90 takes priority over the S90 - shame I didn't see this prior to ordering and if their manufacturing plants are as good as their PR Dept. this would explain a lot.

However the biggest issue is Volvo dealers are not being straight with customers. If the service is going to be sh*t, say it, I would have ordered a V90 instead and I would suggest others would probably have ordered a different Volvo but stayed with the brand.

I would lose £300 to cancel this order but a part of me wants to; as soon as it arrives. Nose, face and spite come to mind!
Old Mar 15th, 2018, 23:18   #96
anotherv60
Master Member

I would be tempted to say once you have the car, that you'll start paying them in 30 weeks...

Out of interest have they given you a vehicle to use once they missed the initial deadline. Depending upon what is written/said to you they could well be in breach of contract and you can get your money back.
Old Mar 16th, 2018, 06:33   #97
S90D4R

Its difficult; Volvo UK said that the est. delivery date was always set for the 12 March not January (and then subsequent push-back dates the dealer gave until the current end of March/Early April date given yesterday).

So in their eyes the delay in now estimated at 2 weeks only. The 28 weeks is normal.

Like most scenarios the problems boil down to communication issues.
Old Mar 16th, 2018, 08:20   #98
Quacker
Premier Member

It will arrive when it arrives. Delays are frustrating but that's life I'm afraid. I'd prefer to have to wait for a car than to wait weeks for an electrician or plumber, not that this observation helps any.
Old Mar 16th, 2018, 10:32   #99
S90D4R

I remember teaching Six Sigma, TQM and Lean manufacturing principles many moons ago to engineering undergrads; perhaps Volvo need a lesson or two.

I think they may have misunderstood the principles of lean or maybe they are the actually the masters of it?

1. Holding no stock because they clearly can't get an S90 welded up
2. Just in Time (for lunch) I'll bet is their mantra clearly not deliveries
3. Six Sigma (3.4 defect per 1 million) - well if they don't make any S90's then they have nailed this one.

I am patient, I don't need the car as Audi remain fabulously flexible, and the RNineT is getting some seat time to keep my mind off the Volvo debacle.

Viva Deutschland!
The Following User Says Thank You to S90D4R For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 17th, 2018, 18:42   #100
Ducks

Its HERE!!

Its not even the car I ordered but they got me another.

The weather has been rubbish so haven't had a chance to take any pics.

The tech is fantastic but quite different to the Audi. I spent an age working out auto wiper's but got it

Whilst loading the car this morning is a blizzard, for the life of me couldn't remember how to put the back seats down. It was awful and funny all at the same time.

The drive is brilliant, wife's a little mixed on the looks but once its gleaming I think she will have a different take on it. The fuel tank is also considerably smaller than the A6
Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote